Used 2006 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

CPO Vehicle
By Randy

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 2006 CPO and I have never been so impressed with an automobile, even if used. The quality of build, interior and exterior finish, ride, and great gas mileage (30 mpg highway) blows me away. The iDrive system is easy to use and relieves you of numerous buttons and knobs that would be needed to run the systems it controls. I have had other luxury or semi-luxury cars i.e. Lincoln, Mercedes, and a Toyota Avalon and none, I repeat none, deserve to be parked in the garage with the 530i. So many small touches add to this car such as small orange LEDs beaming streams of dim light on door handles, gear shift, side pockets, at night. I certainly will be a BMW man for years to come.

iDrive system, engine power and torque superb, leather near perfect

trunk release button needs to be moved to dash area

06 SMG Dream Ride
By GWF

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased 06 CPO with 37k miles. After researching for 2yrs, finally purchased gray beauty. The balance and performance are amazing.Purchased the SMG model, it took a little getting used to, but is truly fun to drive. Many of the reviews about iDrive scared me, but after the initial set up, the iDrive is great. It makes driving easier. We have the Sirius Satellite and this makes long drives a pleasure for all.The ride? Amazing, with active steering and Sports package a great combination. The seats are great and it is truly a fun ride. Great value for a used car, make sure you have a car warranty and service warranty. Can be costly.

Love the iDrive - it is great. Bluetooth is great especially with the new CA law. Sports Package, Sirius radio, Logic7, make the driving experience even better. SMG in sport mode changes the car into a completely different machine. WOW! Shade package, logic7, active steering.

Run flat tires provide very hard ride, I will replace when they wear out. Less hesitation between shifts in automatic mode on SMG. Other than that, one of the greatest cars ever built.

Great improvements!
By Jack

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I used to have a 95 525i and found it was getting to be time to upgrade, so I traded up to a 2006 530i with manual transmission and navigation. Wife really wanted the manual, great gas mileage (30 hwy) and the car can really go with 6-speed transmission. Interior is great, iDrive is easy, if you have patience. No need for Tokyo lights, great to have cleaner lines. Bigger room in back seat for 2-3 people and truck is nice in size. Very happy to have the car!

My old 525i had NO cupholders, so these new ones are great! IDrive is great, works well, wife LOVES the phone integration with blackberry. Love the acceleration and ability to zoom around objects.

None.

'06 550i sport
By bluebimmer

2006 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Love my Bimmer! The sport package is a must! Drives and handles very well. I heard things about the iDrive but realized that it is not complicated at all, I can even input on navi while driving, cup holders do not bother me either. Heads-up display is awesome, it even shows directions from navi. Very comfortable. Overall the car makes a statement!

Heads-up, navigation, satellite radio. Looks great!

GPS instead of DVD navigation

Very Pleased
By Car Nut

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased CPO, the same as our long term 2002 5 series, and didn't think I could like it more than what I already had. Well, I do. These cars feel as if they are carved out of one solid block of steel and drive/handle like nothing else. It is luxurious, incredibly sporty and awesome. Probably the absolute best value there is in a high end car.

Beautiful in and out. Love the iDrive (what was the talk about this being complicated - I think it is great!). It is like driving a race car that purrs like a kitten and turns heads everywhere it goes. The black leather and wood are incredible.

Perhaps slightly larger ext. mirrors?