Used 2006 BMW 5 Series 550i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Loving It
By Phil

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Great car! Powerful, fast and fun, yet refined. I can sum up driving this car in one word: confidence! This is a car for persons who love to drive and to feel the car interact with the road (as opposed to being shielded from it). The iDrive is fine (even helpful) once you get the hang of it. Try it, you'll like it.

Blowing away "sports cars" and the look of the other driver's face after you do it. This baby rocks!

The iDrive is too complcated-- there must be an easier way. Cup holders are bad! No sunglass holder! Comfort Access feature should be standard.

Worth the patience
By LiftThis

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Ya know how you never buy a 1.0 release of software. Consider that for a car. While the dealership was wonderful, and we would definitely buy a car from them again, it took several trips back and forth to the dealership to work out some of the bugs in the cars firmware. Once that was fixed, WOW! I love this car. It's faster, handles better than my 2001 Porche 911 cabrio, and is quite the sleeper. I have also driven a 2005 E55 Mercedes Benz AMG, and I will take my 550 any day. The handling and braking are superb. Most folks won't be disappointed in the acceleration either. After a few M3s and Porsches, as a car lover, I can tell you that I love this car.

Handling, braking, acceleration. If you like to drive, you will love this car.

Quality assurance!

Love my 550
By Jodi Wallace

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I have had this car close to a year. The only negatives: driver side window down is NOT aerodynamic, and wind is all over one's face. My phone is not picked up on the bluetooth (my phone is a brand new LG), and lastly, gas mileage is abysmal. However this car is fast as can be. 140 feels like 100. So get a good ticket attorney. I have had a lot of issues with the very very low front end on the sports package. The front bumper easily comes off bc it is so low and it catches on everything. Therefore, I park as if I drive a large SUV. This car is comfortable and very very fun to drive!

I love the Sirius satellite. I love the power, and the driver friendly dashboard arrangement is fantastic.

Bluetooth needs to be upgraded. No iPod link avail either. Can't drive with windows down bc the car is not aerodynamic enough. It blows wind right into one's face.

550i
By Scott

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Had the car 9 months now, and love it. Did have trouble with the VANOS system, and the car was at the dealer for 3 weeks early on. No problems now. Has great acceleration and handling even with out the sport suspension.

Finish quality, acceleration and handling, and believe it or not the iDrive. Once you get used to it, easy to use and second nature.

None

Best car Ever had
By KIKI LAW

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

We test drove so many cars of its class and I thought it will will stop when I drove the E500 MB. Guess what not even close. After I drove the 550i. I just couldn't see myself in any other car but a BMW 550i

I DRIVE

A bit more space in the front