2006 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Ignition lock up
By Sree on 07/29/05 13:57 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got my new 06 525i last week. The ignition locked up this morning. The key will not go in at all. Road side assistance told me to wait 30 minutes since this could be an anti-theft protection. However, even after 1 hr the ignition was locked up. I called up the dealter and I was told that to have the road side assistance tow the car in. Not good for a one week old car. Otherwise, the car was driving great..

There's no competition
By Michael on 07/27/05 19:46 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When speaking of my alpine white with black leather interior 2005 BMW 545i, I couldn't have chosen a better car for my first vehicle ever. There is so much to be said about this car. The performance is so gratifying the look is so gorgeous. I cant't go a day without looking at this beautiful machine and thanking the man upstairs for the blessing of owning it. Anyone who's even considering getting one, I'd tell them don't even think twice about it. Once you've driven a Beamer theres no turning back, you're hooked.

Wow, what a car!!!!!
By Rob on 07/26/05 18:18 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

First time owning a BMW and after one week I know it won't be my last. This car has it all... performance, comfort, looks and it drives like crazy.

Life is Short
By Jim on 07/22/05 15:35 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Life is short, so invest in this first class piece of automotive genius -- 530xi. Other than 26 mpg, the engineering of BMW shows through in every element of the innovative design. As for the "infamous" i-drive goes, it requires a 20-minute investment with the manual and then it is a non-event. Go for it, life is short.

Great Car BUT....
By ADG on 07/20/05 23:27 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just purchased a 2006 525i this week. This is my second BMW (just upgraded from a 3-series to a 5-series). Overall driving performance of car is outstanding. Like the design, however, I think the technology could be improved. The idrive takes a bit getting used to but is easy to learn. Disappointed to find out that Bluetooth on cellphone not compatible w/ BMW system (I have a new Motorola MPx220 Smartphone w/ Cingular)-apparently PDA- phones like Blackberries, Smartphones, iPaq's, etc. are not compatible w/ BMW system

Am I Alone
By Mona on 07/14/05 14:25 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am currently driving 5 series 06 model & it is an absolute joy & delight to drive. It is indeed the Ultimate Driving Machine. Here is my dilemma: One month after I got the car, I got a Check Control Message & the IDrive indicated "High Battery Drain!" As per the dealer, I need to drive the car more often because the car has a lot of power & it not good to keep it parked for a long time. I was driving it twice a week & still got the message. I called the dealer again took it twice to the dealer in less than a week. Conclusion: There is a software problem that makes this message pop up & the problem is being worked on in their main office in New Jersey.

fun
By great car on 07/10/05 08:40 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This by far is the best car I have ever driven! The handling and comfort is incredible. It is a lot of fun to drive and looks great the body style catches everyone eye!!!

Outstanding
By Amir on 07/06/05 02:28 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first time that BMW has made the 5 series in to an all wheel drive. The drive, smoothness, performance, electronic features are beyond expectations.

Just got it, love it.
By evan on 07/04/05 11:36 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car so far. I did a lot of research and although the price is high, this cars design and technology sold me. I think people who always buy sedans are missing out. This is as good as the sedan plus you get a lot more utility for a bit more weight.

530i BMW
By Thomas Nancarrow on 06/29/05 15:48 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Driving this car is just plain fun. Handling is excellent. The new 255HP engine is very responsive, with plenty of power. Comfort seats are worth the extra money, very comfortable and easily adjustable. Quality control seems to have improved since introduction of the e60 model in 2004. I-Drive is not as difficult as many reviewers have made it out to be. The learning curve varies as to how much you have used a computer. It allows the dash to have a cleaner look to it. So far, the car has been a pleasure to drive and own.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.