Used 2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

The most fun on the road
By deb

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car handles so easily and it has a safe and sturdy feel on the road. Plenty of power for on and off the highway. The iDrive isn't as difficult to operate as some have claimed. Just take some time to learn it; pick your settings; that's it. The heated steering wheel is a real luxury. Interior appointments very nice.

After driving on wet roads the trim at the bottom of the door frame is filled with water/mud/etc. It gets my pant legs dirty as I exit the car. Also, at this price point, I think all BMWs should have automatic trunk lid closures.

Little Awesome
By RegalReggie

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a 2003 525i and thought it was perfect. Then I got my 2006 525xi and fell in love all over again. What a car. I thought it was impossible to improve on perfection but I was wrong. This car is roomier and has a much bigger trunk. I was concerned that the all wheel drive would really suck up the gas but so far I am getting 20 to 25 miles to the gallon and I can live with that to drive this awesome car. The handling of the all wheel drive is so terrific that when I drove a 2005 525i this past week, I felt a little out of control. I know it was my imagination but that is the assurance level I have in my car.

The body style is very sleek and yet it looks like a real muscle car - love the look. I like having all the vitals on the dash in front of me and they finally installed a drink cup holder that is really functional.

Make the seatbelt a little easier to reach.

Great Vehicle
By Eric

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is our first BMW. My wife has driven Volvo, Lexus and Acura products in the past. All of those vehicles have been nice but have lacked the driving experience of the 530i. This car is truly a sports sedan. We drove the Audi A6, Lexus GS and Infiniti M and felt this vehicle and the A6 were truly driver's cars. This is our first German vehicle and we had some concern about reliability, however, the car has been solid.

HK stereo, engine, handling, exterior and interior design, quality of interior pieces, comfort access package

Sirius antenna is weak compared to XM offerings in our other vehicles, rechargeable remote does not hold its charge well on comfort access package models

BMW's Colossal Blunder
By Shifty

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, fun to drive... but impractical! The sports package comes with run flat tires and a donut. No room to put in full sized tire in the well. But I am better off than those with a 2006 or later 3 series who have no spare at all.. Get a flat wiith these babies and you can go 150 miles. You can put on the donut and go about the same distance. Get a flat tire over the weekend like I did and you are out of pocket for 2 days. Nobody, I repeat nobody stocks the odd ball tires. This is a MAJOR flaw in the BMW. Hear that Edmunds? BTW, the run flats are not repairable, so you are looking at over $300 a pop for a flat. Also they ride terribly and have 15,000 mile tread life.

bluetooth phone, more power from bigger 255 hp six

NORMAL tires and a full sized spare in the trunk like the 2003. The ultimate driving machine should be pictured with a tire strapped to the roof-like the Dakkar rally! Bring back the classic style. ANd, the forged wheel rims and not the cheaper cast ones!

Best BMW Yet!
By Dbarks

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had three BMWs including the heralded 1998 E39 528i. The 2006 530i is better in every way. Better ride, better handling, more room and much better seats. This car makes the E39 look old. This is the best car BMW has made yet.

idrive, bluetooth, seats