2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews 12

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
The ultimate Midsize
By tycast on 08/17/05 00:44 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 2006 is fun to drive and the exterior stying is fabulous. The engine provides excellent power although the 345 is not available in the XI version.

2006 5 Series is great
By DP on 08/10/05 15:59 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As a former owner of a 2001 BMW 3 Series and 2001 & 2003 C240, I have to say that my 2006 525i is awesome. The design is trailblazing, handling sensational and the ride is exceptional. My gas mileage is better with the 5 series than it was with the 3 series or the C240. I would recommend this car to anyone who loves the driving experience and wants to maximum how their money is spent in the luxury market.

First BMW - Fantastic!
By Andy on 08/02/05 13:01 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW. It's true-it is a fantastically fun car to drive. Handles so well, especially cornering, and you do have a real sense of the road and being in command of the vehicle. And unlike many reviews from existing BMW owners, I find the new styling very attractive and much more muscular and sporty looking than the last two style versions. Nice to get all the compliments from friends admiring the 530i's sleek and dynamic lines. Very impressed with the maintainance features. I-Drive was confusing for the first 20-30 minutes, but sitting in the driveway with the owner's manual and going through a few things makes it simple enough. Only 3 months into my new BMW and very satisfied.

Ignition lock up
By Sree on 07/29/05 13:57 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got my new 06 525i last week. The ignition locked up this morning. The key will not go in at all. Road side assistance told me to wait 30 minutes since this could be an anti-theft protection. However, even after 1 hr the ignition was locked up. I called up the dealter and I was told that to have the road side assistance tow the car in. Not good for a one week old car. Otherwise, the car was driving great..

There's no competition
By Michael on 07/27/05 19:46 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When speaking of my alpine white with black leather interior 2005 BMW 545i, I couldn't have chosen a better car for my first vehicle ever. There is so much to be said about this car. The performance is so gratifying the look is so gorgeous. I cant't go a day without looking at this beautiful machine and thanking the man upstairs for the blessing of owning it. Anyone who's even considering getting one, I'd tell them don't even think twice about it. Once you've driven a Beamer theres no turning back, you're hooked.

Wow, what a car!!!!!
By Rob on 07/26/05 18:18 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

First time owning a BMW and after one week I know it won't be my last. This car has it all... performance, comfort, looks and it drives like crazy.

Life is Short
By Jim on 07/22/05 15:35 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Life is short, so invest in this first class piece of automotive genius -- 530xi. Other than 26 mpg, the engineering of BMW shows through in every element of the innovative design. As for the "infamous" i-drive goes, it requires a 20-minute investment with the manual and then it is a non-event. Go for it, life is short.

Great Car BUT....
By ADG on 07/20/05 23:27 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just purchased a 2006 525i this week. This is my second BMW (just upgraded from a 3-series to a 5-series). Overall driving performance of car is outstanding. Like the design, however, I think the technology could be improved. The idrive takes a bit getting used to but is easy to learn. Disappointed to find out that Bluetooth on cellphone not compatible w/ BMW system (I have a new Motorola MPx220 Smartphone w/ Cingular)-apparently PDA- phones like Blackberries, Smartphones, iPaq's, etc. are not compatible w/ BMW system

Am I Alone
By Mona on 07/14/05 14:25 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am currently driving 5 series 06 model & it is an absolute joy & delight to drive. It is indeed the Ultimate Driving Machine. Here is my dilemma: One month after I got the car, I got a Check Control Message & the IDrive indicated "High Battery Drain!" As per the dealer, I need to drive the car more often because the car has a lot of power & it not good to keep it parked for a long time. I was driving it twice a week & still got the message. I called the dealer again took it twice to the dealer in less than a week. Conclusion: There is a software problem that makes this message pop up & the problem is being worked on in their main office in New Jersey.

fun
By great car on 07/10/05 08:40 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This by far is the best car I have ever driven! The handling and comfort is incredible. It is a lot of fun to drive and looks great the body style catches everyone eye!!!