2006 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Great Car!
By 714-530xi on 10/24/05 08:38 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

530xi is a wonderful car to own and drive. Handling is incredible and has plenty of power. Great control at high speeds and through aggressive cornering. Steptronic shifts very smooth during rapid acceleration. Nice ride while still having a good feel of the road. Interior is comfortable and not overdone with bling. Love the iDrive, which is also fun for new passengers to navigate menus.

Best BMW I've Owned
By MJE on 10/22/05 13:05 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third BMW, and I currently own a 2001 540i that is a great car. This new 2006 530i is an amazing and better car, and I don't understand what the various auto magazines are thinking in their reviews! This car is an outstanding blend of quickness, agility, comfort, build quality, and amazing technical features. The iDrive is actually easy to use and very cool. The sports suspension and seats are more comfortable than past 5 series while handling better, thanks to the active roll bar technology. The 530i engine has solid power with 255 HP and great fuel efficiency - gettng about 30 MPG highway and good economy with stop and go driving.

we love it!
By j and j on 10/16/05 23:45 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW has no comparison on the road when it comes to a driving machine! We have a dog, haul paintings, and soon to have a child ... this car does it all. I agree that it's something everyone should drive.

Killer Car
By bobgs on 10/15/05 18:02 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I considered many cars before deciding on the 525 but none live up to the 525. I get excited every time I step into this car. Handling, comfort, transmission, and styling (in my opinion) are best in class. 525 power is adequate and even deceptively strong. I don't think the 40hp upgrade to the 530 is worth the money. Overall the best car in the 40-50k range.

Pure pleasure
By Harry R. Culp on 10/10/05 23:31 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had owned 8 Merecedes wagons. This is my first BMW. The quality seems much better than Mercedes. It is a little smaller in the cargo space by about 7 cubic feet. I added the racks and carrier for the top to help this problem. Overall, I feel I am driving a quality and good looking station wagon.

4th BMW and I love it!
By mhowe325i on 10/10/05 22:00 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 5th BMW and my first 5 series! BMW has once again blown me over! I absolutely love the way this car drives & the stickshift is like butter. I live in CT/NYC area where the traffic is bad constantly and my BMW's performance in traffic is one less thing to stress over.You just can't beat BMW engineering. I have seen complaints about the iDrive but its very simple. The warranties are the BEST in the industry.We have 3 BMWs in my driveway making us loyal to a manufacturer who delivers high quality

BMW Loaded
By Donna on 10/09/05 07:19 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in a 330CI convertible sports model for this vehicle to have the all- wheel drive. At first I was very skeptical. This car has proven itself over and over again. Love it!! Love to drive it, very fun. I purchased mine with navigation, and all the bells and whistles. So many I am still learning how to work them. I am adding the rear spoiler this week. Overall, I was shocked at how well I love this car and would recommend to everyone.

Ah, back in a wagon again
By john f on 09/28/05 19:25 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I went from a Mercedes wagon to a Volvo XC90 to the BMW. Had never driven a BMW before so wasn't sure what to expect. My wife and I looked in the dealer lot after a return from a second honeymoon and she said "This is nice". Had ordered the new ML500 and she "hated" it. Test drove the car, was really impressed, bought it a week later. Very high tech, great ride and love the heated rear seats. I am a car junkie so I researched many vehicles. Promised my wife I would keep this one. Everything on this car exudes quality. Just can't say enough good things about it. Great looker, awesome headlights, solid build.

Great fun to drive
By Aydin Akdeniz on 09/26/05 18:58 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my eighth new BMW over the years and what a difference in design, technology application and quality. I think BMW has done an excellent job in this new 5 series. It took me less than half an hour to go over the "i-drive" and learn it. The aerodynamic lines and trims are impressive.

Delighted with first BMW
By FB on 09/22/05 12:38 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and we waited until the 5 was available in AWD before taking the plunge. After an initial issue with a too-dark Nav screen that was replaced, this car has been fantastic. The bottom line is that driving goes from being a chore to being something I look forward to every day because of this car. And I have lost count of how many people have commented on how great it looks! BMW, I hope you never stop making manual transmission cars like this one. And Bluetooth makes using the cell in the car so much easier and safer (not safe in an absolute sense, but safer if you have to be on the phone). BTW, the cupholders may look corny, but they actually hold cups quite well!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.