2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews 11

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Killer Car
By bobgs on 10/15/05 18:02 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I considered many cars before deciding on the 525 but none live up to the 525. I get excited every time I step into this car. Handling, comfort, transmission, and styling (in my opinion) are best in class. 525 power is adequate and even deceptively strong. I don't think the 40hp upgrade to the 530 is worth the money. Overall the best car in the 40-50k range.

4th BMW and I love it!
By mhowe325i on 10/10/05 22:00 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 5th BMW and my first 5 series! BMW has once again blown me over! I absolutely love the way this car drives & the stickshift is like butter. I live in CT/NYC area where the traffic is bad constantly and my BMW's performance in traffic is one less thing to stress over.You just can't beat BMW engineering. I have seen complaints about the iDrive but its very simple. The warranties are the BEST in the industry.We have 3 BMWs in my driveway making us loyal to a manufacturer who delivers high quality

BMW Loaded
By Donna on 10/09/05 07:19 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in a 330CI convertible sports model for this vehicle to have the all- wheel drive. At first I was very skeptical. This car has proven itself over and over again. Love it!! Love to drive it, very fun. I purchased mine with navigation, and all the bells and whistles. So many I am still learning how to work them. I am adding the rear spoiler this week. Overall, I was shocked at how well I love this car and would recommend to everyone.

Great fun to drive
By Aydin Akdeniz on 09/26/05 18:58 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my eighth new BMW over the years and what a difference in design, technology application and quality. I think BMW has done an excellent job in this new 5 series. It took me less than half an hour to go over the "i-drive" and learn it. The aerodynamic lines and trims are impressive.

Delighted with first BMW
By FB on 09/22/05 12:38 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and we waited until the 5 was available in AWD before taking the plunge. After an initial issue with a too-dark Nav screen that was replaced, this car has been fantastic. The bottom line is that driving goes from being a chore to being something I look forward to every day because of this car. And I have lost count of how many people have commented on how great it looks! BMW, I hope you never stop making manual transmission cars like this one. And Bluetooth makes using the cell in the car so much easier and safer (not safe in an absolute sense, but safer if you have to be on the phone). BTW, the cupholders may look corny, but they actually hold cups quite well!

It's OK, but too slow...
By Jerry Kadash on 09/20/05 19:44 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had two problems, I can live with them till service. One is annoying with the sun roof. It operates, but BANGS/pops closing most times. Close once, bang, open close again, less bang. Seems most awful when hot, car parked. Anyway, I've had 530s previously...very nice. My 525, I thought the quicker 6 spd autotrans, it would have more zip. Seems very anemic on the highway and byway! Bodystyle I've grown to appreciate and like. The competition is copying it. Also I now know if I pass my bodystyle on the road, it's an '04 or later.

The best car I ever drove!
By GG on 09/16/05 13:32 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After test driving several competitors, the BMW won my heart 2 minutes into my 30 minute test drive. It is true what everybody says, a BMW really does feel and drive differently than any other car. You have to drive it, to really appreciate it. My search for the perfect car has ended. Great job BMW.

HUGE disappointment
By jw on 09/09/05 20:59 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is highly overrated and I'm very sorry I purchased it. I will never purchase a BMW again. It's not comfortable, and even at 3000 miles hasn't been reliable. I intend to sell it and purchase a true luxury car. The ride and drive aren't smooth or what you should be able to expect from a car at this price. Most disappointing is that it isn't fun to drive. It feels like my father's car with a little more hp. The cup holders are hysterical---the driver's and passenger's are both on the passenger side---very uncomfortable to access and dangerous to use lean over to use when driving. The leg room is worse than most cars this size. My first and last BMW.

Fantastic Five
By Robert Nance on 09/07/05 21:44 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We love our new 525i. It has great pickup and spectacular fuel economy. On a recent trip we averaged over 31 miles to the gallon and went almost 500 on one tank of gas. We recommend the Navigation with voice activation. It is great.

Worth every penny!
By 4 Murphs on 08/20/05 14:52 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a BMW fan, just sold my 2002 325i sport/premium. 530i is an excellent value/jump up. With updated engine (255hp), this is a fun ride. Either love or hate the exterior, interior is well designed. IDrive was no issue for me, if you can navigate an internet web site, you can use IDrive...I highly recommend the Nav system, especially for safety (not having to look around while driving, it tells you when and where to turn). Trunk space is a big step up from 3-series...premium package a must (nice leather). Decided against sport package, since I live in N. PA...snow and ice is not recommended for sport package. Loads of technology in 06 model...enjoy the toys. Love the way it handles.