2006 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Best 4door car ever made
By shakaeagle on 12/26/05 07:43 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2006 530i, which I thought was the best handling sedan I'd ever driven, for the 530Xi. The 530Xi's handling is beyond description, it goes around turns as if on rails, irrespective of road surface, rain, snow or gravel. The combination of X drive with Dynamic Stability Control is brilliant - as you enter turns, power balance is to the rear, then near apex it is 50/50 and then as you exit, it seamlessly shifts forward pulling you around the turn. The N52 engine hauls like a grand prix engine, generating breathtaking g-forces as you rocket around the corners. I don't find any acceleration deficit vs the 530i - bottomline - the 530Xi is awesome!!! Porsche/Ferrari drivers take note.

Amazing
By RONALDO MARTINS on 12/08/05 08:14 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This new 530 is an amazing driving experience. The new engine with 255 hp responds quickly. Handling is also superb and the new design is just gorgeous. Everything in the car performs well. So far have no negative comments whatsoever about this 530 sedan. I just love it.

Candid Comments
By M. Walters on 12/06/05 19:30 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just purchased a 2006 530xi this past weekend. The car is everything you'd want in a BMW -- styling, speed and sassy. Few disappointments though: No compass, armrest storage compartment is small and a single CD player. I can understand the CD player, but not making the compass standard on the rear view mirro is odd. And, BMW has a long way to go in understanding how to best use storage areas in their cars. In any event, the car rides like a dream and the blue tooth synch into the car phone system is flawless. If you enjoy the open road, you'll love this car! I'll have this car for a long time.

the ultimate family wagon
By gillie on 11/29/05 16:06 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Quality of build is noted just openning the doors. Interior appointments are perfecto. Compares favorably to my M5 in terms of finish and the good feeling sitting in driver's seat engendors. The iDrive is simple, perhaps too simple for the auto critics. 28 mpg on the road is just fine. I wish it were a couple of thousand cheaper but this car is a keeper so the price is not so upsetting.

Love this machine!
By Love this machine on 11/25/05 13:28 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In 2003, my friend bought 325i. Since then I just fell for looks, but I didn't like the size. So I have been dreaming to get 5 series. This 06 model coming in all wheel drive, motivated me to buy 525xi. It's my dream come true. I like the way they redesigned the exterior different for each class. That way, any one can recognize which series is it, from front and back :). 3 series owners may not like it, but I love it.

Uber Wagon
By Steve on 11/24/05 06:59 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned the previous 540ti Wagon model (w/V8), this is a clear positive evolution. Drives like a road-gobbling sedan. Surprising torque leaves me missing the V8 only slightly. The car reminds me of its safe, but thrilling ride. Love it!

I'm obsessed with my BMW
By bostonkate on 11/20/05 20:28 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm really loving this car! The one thing people should know is that the iDrive is great! It so isn't something you have to use every time you drive. Instead it is a way to customize your settings, i.e. air flow, radio stations, what part of the seat you want heated (back, bottom, or both). Then, you can control those things just like you would normally, on the dash (or the steering wheel). I was originally thinking if I had to keep doing this computer mouse thing I would be sure to get in an accident but it is really a streamlining of controls.

Truly, the Ultimate Driving Machine....
By Dave on 11/09/05 07:41 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the xi AWD version a few months ago and it drives like a dream. Incredible machine. Test drove Audi and Lexus but BMW still leads the pack. You must drive to believe. Full 4 year/50K mile maintenance was the kicker for me.

Now I'm A Believer!
By New Believer on 11/05/05 00:02 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and I'm extremely impressed. My next door neighbor sells BMW's and gave me a great deal on my new 06 530i. I've come close to purchasing a BMW on 2 other occasions in the past 5 years but didn't do it. I'd have to say that this is by far the best car I've ever owned in my 55 years of living. I don't agree with the criticism this car has received regarding the iDrive and it's exterior design. Driving this car is pure joy and like nothing I've ever driven before. Power, handling and comfort are fantastic. If you're not sure about this car, a test drive or two will make you a believer.

Wagon is the way to go
By Ferko on 10/31/05 15:28 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just came back from Europe where a large percentage of cars is wagon. I was looking for something different than a sedan, and definitely not an SUV. (I own one). I was leaning toward an A4 Avant with the sweet 2.0 l turbo engine. When I saw the 530xi I bought it the same day afternoon. The balance of the car is so unique that I don't know of anything else in this price range. It has been a pure delight.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.