2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
My First Ultimate Driving Machine
By AAK on 12/28/05 20:23 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first luxury car. I bought this after a lot of research. I had to wait for 6 weeks to get the Comfort Access as part of the package. But the wait proved to be good. It is a great mid size luxury car. I took this car out for a long drive from BWI to PIT and I enjoyed its handling in curves and drive in bad weather (ice and snow storm).

Best 4door car ever made
By shakaeagle on 12/26/05 07:43 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2006 530i, which I thought was the best handling sedan I'd ever driven, for the 530Xi. The 530Xi's handling is beyond description, it goes around turns as if on rails, irrespective of road surface, rain, snow or gravel. The combination of X drive with Dynamic Stability Control is brilliant - as you enter turns, power balance is to the rear, then near apex it is 50/50 and then as you exit, it seamlessly shifts forward pulling you around the turn. The N52 engine hauls like a grand prix engine, generating breathtaking g-forces as you rocket around the corners. I don't find any acceleration deficit vs the 530i - bottomline - the 530Xi is awesome!!! Porsche/Ferrari drivers take note.

Amazing
By RONALDO MARTINS on 12/08/05 08:14 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This new 530 is an amazing driving experience. The new engine with 255 hp responds quickly. Handling is also superb and the new design is just gorgeous. Everything in the car performs well. So far have no negative comments whatsoever about this 530 sedan. I just love it.

Candid Comments
By M. Walters on 12/06/05 19:30 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just purchased a 2006 530xi this past weekend. The car is everything you'd want in a BMW -- styling, speed and sassy. Few disappointments though: No compass, armrest storage compartment is small and a single CD player. I can understand the CD player, but not making the compass standard on the rear view mirro is odd. And, BMW has a long way to go in understanding how to best use storage areas in their cars. In any event, the car rides like a dream and the blue tooth synch into the car phone system is flawless. If you enjoy the open road, you'll love this car! I'll have this car for a long time.

Love this machine!
By Love this machine on 11/25/05 13:28 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In 2003, my friend bought 325i. Since then I just fell for looks, but I didn't like the size. So I have been dreaming to get 5 series. This 06 model coming in all wheel drive, motivated me to buy 525xi. It's my dream come true. I like the way they redesigned the exterior different for each class. That way, any one can recognize which series is it, from front and back :). 3 series owners may not like it, but I love it.

I'm obsessed with my BMW
By bostonkate on 11/20/05 20:28 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm really loving this car! The one thing people should know is that the iDrive is great! It so isn't something you have to use every time you drive. Instead it is a way to customize your settings, i.e. air flow, radio stations, what part of the seat you want heated (back, bottom, or both). Then, you can control those things just like you would normally, on the dash (or the steering wheel). I was originally thinking if I had to keep doing this computer mouse thing I would be sure to get in an accident but it is really a streamlining of controls.

Truly, the Ultimate Driving Machine....
By Dave on 11/09/05 07:41 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the xi AWD version a few months ago and it drives like a dream. Incredible machine. Test drove Audi and Lexus but BMW still leads the pack. You must drive to believe. Full 4 year/50K mile maintenance was the kicker for me.

Now I'm A Believer!
By New Believer on 11/05/05 00:02 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and I'm extremely impressed. My next door neighbor sells BMW's and gave me a great deal on my new 06 530i. I've come close to purchasing a BMW on 2 other occasions in the past 5 years but didn't do it. I'd have to say that this is by far the best car I've ever owned in my 55 years of living. I don't agree with the criticism this car has received regarding the iDrive and it's exterior design. Driving this car is pure joy and like nothing I've ever driven before. Power, handling and comfort are fantastic. If you're not sure about this car, a test drive or two will make you a believer.

Great Car!
By 714-530xi on 10/24/05 08:38 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

530xi is a wonderful car to own and drive. Handling is incredible and has plenty of power. Great control at high speeds and through aggressive cornering. Steptronic shifts very smooth during rapid acceleration. Nice ride while still having a good feel of the road. Interior is comfortable and not overdone with bling. Love the iDrive, which is also fun for new passengers to navigate menus.

Best BMW I've Owned
By MJE on 10/22/05 13:05 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third BMW, and I currently own a 2001 540i that is a great car. This new 2006 530i is an amazing and better car, and I don't understand what the various auto magazines are thinking in their reviews! This car is an outstanding blend of quickness, agility, comfort, build quality, and amazing technical features. The iDrive is actually easy to use and very cool. The sports suspension and seats are more comfortable than past 5 series while handling better, thanks to the active roll bar technology. The 530i engine has solid power with 255 HP and great fuel efficiency - gettng about 30 MPG highway and good economy with stop and go driving.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.