Used 2006 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

My review.
By Patrick Bond

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just recently purchased the 2006 BMW 530i from a dealer in Phoenix drove it back to Canada and the whole time I was driving it I never was once bored. Two and a half days of straight driving and I wish I were still driving it. Driving through the mountains was great - it handled the turns perfectly. I love this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Everything this car has is my favorite thing, the looks are awesome it handle perfectly.

Suggested Improvements

I like everything about this vehicle. I guess some of the electronics are a little hard to learn but that will just take some time.

BMW 530i I'm Loving it!
By Kenneth Taylor

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 2 Maximas and 1 Pathfinder since I have been purchasing vehicles. Now that I finally earned enough money to purchase a BMW I cannot ever drive any other vehicle. The 530i is the most pleasurable vehicle I have ever driven. The interior and exterior quality far exceed any other vehicle I've ever driven. The new 530i design will withstand the test of time as far as style. Loving it, with no regrets on the money spent.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the sound system, Bluetooth technology, heated seats, heated steering wheel and of course the voice command technology.

Suggested Improvements

I wish more features were standard instead of options.

Car for car enthusiasts
By Bama

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you are into cars, you owe it to yourself to own a BMW 5 series. The technology is seemingly endless. One can set the temperature to cool off the car 30 minutes before you are scheduled to drive off. It has a motion detector as part of the anti-theft system. How about being able to check the oil from inside electronically? It is a little pricey but if you can afford just a little more, don't hesitate. The iDrive actually becomes intuitive after a while. With so many ways to set the personal settings, the iDrive is a necessity. Don't let it turn you off.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth phone technology - it increases safety and convenience.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Happy with 530xi wagon
By Ross

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great driving car, and very handsome. Gives a lot of confidence when driving in bad weather.

Favorite Features

Transmission and engine combo is excellent. Nav system is great.

Suggested Improvements

Third row (kid) seat, a la MB's wagon. Second row seats too low for kids to see out window. Getting to the radio is too hard. Got the "night vision" option, but rarely use it (not very safe) except as the "movie channel" for the kids. Wiper stalk is over tasked, and hard to manage when driving.

The Best!
By Arth

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

By far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Fast, reliable, and fun to drive.

Favorite Features

First I was worried since there were so many bad reviews on iDrive - but now I can not imagine the car without it. I have never had any problems with it.

Suggested Improvements

Less plastic to be used for interior pannels, especially around the heavily used areas, like window control panel.