2006 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Ultimate Sports Sedan
By Tony on 01/30/06 22:56 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Tried every sport sedan out and was a loyal Lexus buyer. Owned several BMW in past and missed the sporty drive in BMW. One test drive in the 550 was all it took. GS430 and Infiniti could not match the combination of both luxury and sport. Took one year to testing cars to finally buy BMW 550. HUD is the best thing since sliced bread. So far no problems and puts smile on face every time I drive it. I-Drive is so easy to use dont listen to people that have not learned the system it took me two days to master it, once you do you wont go back to anything else.

A must have!
By Javiso on 01/24/06 18:47 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Bimmer. The 525xi is great in the snow. I am a BMW owner for life now. Already looking towards my next one in 23 more payments as this is a lease.

buy one if you can
By icwl on 01/21/06 23:14 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Probably my 15th car over 25 years of driving. Definitely the best so far. Fun to drive, aggressive styling, few on the road, lots of looks. Gas mileage is acceptable (24 to 27 mpg depending on driving style). At the limit of what I would spend on a car but great size for 4 adults, long trips, safe and solid. The short 6 automatic gears create fun acceleration for a large sedan. And yes, it does go 155 mph.

So What's Not to Like?
By Happy Owner on 01/21/06 22:28 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Drove top line Saabs for 20 years. Worries about GM's support of Saab and desire for an AWD vehicle for Northeast Winters sent me looking. 530xi was the hands down winner after jarring rides in M35, A6 etc., minature trunk in Acura RL and worries of Mercedes quality declines. Strange to drive rear wheel car at first, but now love the whole thing. Perfect fit and finish like you cannot imagine. IDrive angst is overrated unless you have never talked on the phone and worked on-line at the same time. In that case this car wasn't meant for you anyway. Navigation system is terrific. Sound system, leather interior and service all top rated. So what's not to like?

530 xi review
By james67812 on 01/18/06 12:50 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car has styling which you can sum up by saying, either you like it or you don't. The Continental tires are horrible. The front tires lose traction easily. Two weeks ago I checked the pressure, the tires lost 15 psi. The iDrive is more of a hassle than help. Also the brakes are pitiful. There is a lot of brake dust, (The dealer said that they are the best brakes in the industry) and there is a huge shock when the car stops. I don't care that they are the best brakes if they have so much dust. I can not even take it off.

Overall Excellence
By David WIlhelm on 01/14/06 13:38 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car is a real blast to drive. The iDrive system could be a little easier. I would prefer a simple radio/CD with buttons but the car is beautifully designed on the in side and especially on the outside. It is quick, responsive and really smooth. Front seat could go back just a bit further.

First BMW - won't be my last
By txranger on 01/11/06 00:30 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I test drove several vehicles, but after driving the 530i, I said to myself "I have got to get me one of these!" While I enjoyed driving the 3 series, the 530i has the interior room to make it a great family sedan, but when I'm alone it is one sweet ride. The 255 HP engine sets the tone, but the car is so quiet and smooth to ride in. I love the idrive. My dealer did a great job walking me through it and now its second nature. I love all of the other gadgets and settings too. I like having an MP3 CD loaded and getting a display of all songs on the idrive display, so I can play them randomly, or dial up some music with the idrive or use the steering wheel mounted controls.

Just got my 525xi and love it
By buzz on 01/01/06 04:31 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have finally received my 5er (prm, spt,nav, comfort access) and I have had so much fun driving it. Driving this vehicle on the German Autobahn gives you a greater appreciation for German engineering. I love this car it handles great and I dont regret not getting the 530 this has plenty power. If you have not driven a BMW go test drive one you will not want anything else. Drive it you will own it!!!

Stepped up their game
By R.J.Romae Llc on 12/29/05 10:28 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Driving this car compared to the previously owned 2002 same model there is a big difference. The car now has a big car feel, big car ride,and big car power. That along with it's maintenace and warranty program make it fun to own and drive. I have owned a 318i, 525i, and three 530i's this is the best one yet.

My First Ultimate Driving Machine
By AAK on 12/28/05 20:23 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first luxury car. I bought this after a lot of research. I had to wait for 6 weeks to get the Comfort Access as part of the package. But the wait proved to be good. It is a great mid size luxury car. I took this car out for a long drive from BWI to PIT and I enjoyed its handling in curves and drive in bad weather (ice and snow storm).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.