2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Nice Luxury Car (:
By carguru12 on 02/20/13 13:40 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased our 525xi secondhand at a BMW dealership and it was certified used. The interior comfort is great, and road noise is minimal. The only thing I don't like about our 5 Series is the iDrive system. It can't be avoided (option up a standard radio like in the 3 Series), and it has radio presets, but there are no preset buttons (you have to use iDrive to get to them). The car also has an annoying "grab" in the transmission, a software issue. The performance is great. I love this car.

Thats the Radio for 50K
By Andy on 01/22/07 16:22 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car is one of the most sure footed cars I have ever driven. I have two concerns - first there is a rattle in the back deck that the dealer fixed for a few day - it will be going back and second is the radio. I can't believe the tinny distorted sound I get from the radio. I brought it back to the deal and was told it was working as designed and I can't upgrade it. Looks like aftermarked to fix it. Listen well to the radio before you buy.

Wish I had More.
By bmhamlet on 10/08/06 20:21 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall a great car. Smooth ride, quiet and comfortable. The engine in the 525 seems underpowered for the vehicle size which causes the transmission to shift strangely in gears 1 and 2. Very little road noise, great handling and gas mileage. Contrary to many comments the iDrive is not that difficult to learn.

The most fun on the road
By deb on 06/21/06 15:16 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car handles so easily and it has a safe and sturdy feel on the road. Plenty of power for on and off the highway. The iDrive isn't as difficult to operate as some have claimed. Just take some time to learn it; pick your settings; that's it. The heated steering wheel is a real luxury. Interior appointments very nice.

Little Awesome
By RegalReggie on 06/03/06 05:54 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a 2003 525i and thought it was perfect. Then I got my 2006 525xi and fell in love all over again. What a car. I thought it was impossible to improve on perfection but I was wrong. This car is roomier and has a much bigger trunk. I was concerned that the all wheel drive would really suck up the gas but so far I am getting 20 to 25 miles to the gallon and I can live with that to drive this awesome car. The handling of the all wheel drive is so terrific that when I drove a 2005 525i this past week, I felt a little out of control. I know it was my imagination but that is the assurance level I have in my car.

Best Car I ever had
By adiaris on 04/18/06 19:00 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

From day one my bimmer was the king of the road. Runs unbelievable. I actually took it on the highway, FL turnpike, and floor it all the way down as fast as it would go. I felt like I was flying and it ran smoothly. Now that's a car luxury, fast driving, good looking car. And best feature of all the free maintenance. I highly recommend buying or leasing a bimmer

Disappointed After 15000 mile check up
By donna on 03/22/06 08:49 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Minor trouble prior to 15,000 mile update with one tire continuing to leak air and prompt message to screen. After dealership updated, car transmission seems different and shifting mode not in time. Just doesn't feel the same! Can't say enough positive about this car prior to 15,000 miles. Get up and go was amazing! I don't like the drivers drink holder location. In the way of front seat passenger. Notice brake dust often on wheels.

A must have!
By Javiso on 01/24/06 18:47 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Bimmer. The 525xi is great in the snow. I am a BMW owner for life now. Already looking towards my next one in 23 more payments as this is a lease.

Just got my 525xi and love it
By buzz on 01/01/06 04:31 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have finally received my 5er (prm, spt,nav, comfort access) and I have had so much fun driving it. Driving this vehicle on the German Autobahn gives you a greater appreciation for German engineering. I love this car it handles great and I dont regret not getting the 530 this has plenty power. If you have not driven a BMW go test drive one you will not want anything else. Drive it you will own it!!!

Love this machine!
By Love this machine on 11/25/05 13:28 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In 2003, my friend bought 325i. Since then I just fell for looks, but I didn't like the size. So I have been dreaming to get 5 series. This 06 model coming in all wheel drive, motivated me to buy 525xi. It's my dream come true. I like the way they redesigned the exterior different for each class. That way, any one can recognize which series is it, from front and back :). 3 series owners may not like it, but I love it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.