Used 2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

A great bimmer
By Jimmy

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my BMW so far! It's so fast and so smooth. Love the idrive. Drove it from Pittsburgh pa to Naples Fl. Not one problem. Was more of a pleasure to drive than a chore. I will keep my bimmer for a long long time.

Idrive, seats, ride, hid headlights, rings for parking lights, I love the whole thing!

Cup holders are in a weird spot. Already broke once, but that's because my daughter climbed over to the drivers side and hit it with her foot. Make them stronger. Unbelievable brake dust. I clean them and they look real nice, but two days later just from driving it with good weather they are dirt

Best of the best
By GeorgeW

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is truly the ultimate driving machine. Powerful, confident, amazing handling and comfortable. This car is just fun to drive in all conditions. The all wheel drive handles in all conditions. Car looks great, the leather seating is comfortable and the stereo sounds terrific. Acceleration is impressive also.

tires wear out too quickly

The best car ever
By stan

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car! Mileage couldn't be better. This is the first BMW I have owned and I love it. Very fun to drive.

power, idrive, great leather, everything

center console could be bigger

Long time BMW owner
By longtimebmwowner

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for 2 years and a 740IL previously. This car handles very well, rides very comfortably and can handle my 6'3" frame easily. The 28+MPG highway is a great deal with $4+ gas. I find the I-drive OK, but would prefer manual controls for heat/AC and radio. I-drive is good for navigation and communications. I find the brake dust excessive and pits the rims if not removed quickly (my rims are waxed for protection).

Performance. This car will move smoothly. The problem is you can be doing 90-100 MPH without realizing it.

Better cup holders. Sun glass holder. Manual controls for radio and heat/ac. Darker rear windows.

530xi review
By Deke

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is the best performing automobile that I've ever owned. With that being said, it is the worst car ergonomically that I've ever seen. The iDrive system is a total disaster. Just trying to change the heat/AC is actually dangerous when driving because you must use the isDrive to do it! Almost all setting on this car must be changed through the iDrive which is very finicky.

Heated steering wheel and lane change signal indicaters are great.

Trash the iDrive all together