2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
A great bimmer
By Jimmy on 08/03/10 16:43 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my BMW so far! It's so fast and so smooth. Love the idrive. Drove it from Pittsburgh pa to Naples Fl. Not one problem. Was more of a pleasure to drive than a chore. I will keep my bimmer for a long long time.

Best of the best
By GeorgeW on 06/30/09 18:02 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is truly the ultimate driving machine. Powerful, confident, amazing handling and comfortable. This car is just fun to drive in all conditions. The all wheel drive handles in all conditions. Car looks great, the leather seating is comfortable and the stereo sounds terrific. Acceleration is impressive also.

The best car ever
By stan on 05/17/09 16:59 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car! Mileage couldn't be better. This is the first BMW I have owned and I love it. Very fun to drive.

Long time BMW owner
By longtimebmwowner on 09/02/08 13:44 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for 2 years and a 740IL previously. This car handles very well, rides very comfortably and can handle my 6'3" frame easily. The 28+MPG highway is a great deal with $4+ gas. I find the I-drive OK, but would prefer manual controls for heat/AC and radio. I-drive is good for navigation and communications. I find the brake dust excessive and pits the rims if not removed quickly (my rims are waxed for protection).

530xi review
By Deke on 06/04/08 19:08 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is the best performing automobile that I've ever owned. With that being said, it is the worst car ergonomically that I've ever seen. The iDrive system is a total disaster. Just trying to change the heat/AC is actually dangerous when driving because you must use the isDrive to do it! Almost all setting on this car must be changed through the iDrive which is very finicky.

Awesome car
By frankie on 04/15/07 12:04 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is one of the best on the market. I love having my comfort access system in the winter because I can turn my car on and have it be warm when I get in it. Or you can just have a smart key, it opens the trunk, locks and unlocks the doors. The only thing it doesn't do that comfort access does is start the engine when you are not in the car. The handling on this car is awesome. My sister has a 525xi and it slips very rarely. The added horespower on the 530xi is worth it if you get stuck. If you have one or two kids then maybe you should get it for your wife but when they want to have friends in the car it gets kind of cramped. But for a working man it is perfect. Bluetooth is great.

Beautiful Car - The ULTIMATE SLEIGH
By 530xi - Exceptional on 11/16/06 15:03 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wow - what a car. took delivery on 11/05. It was the first one on the showroom floor. I had a 330xi before and this just blows it away. The ride is super smooth and much more powerful than you would guess. Plenty there to get you in trouble with the State Patrol. I live in the Rocky Mountain high country and this car can go anywhere and do anything in any sort of weather. You don't even notice the X- Drive handling the car it's balanced so well. Put a good set of snow tires on - Blizzaks- and you're good to go. IDrive is a breeze for the computer literate set. Set it and forget it.

530xi
By Joe on 09/27/06 19:56 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW 530xi: Motor - Smooth throughout entire RPM range although it lack the ummphh you would expect. Handling - You'll back down before the car will - outstanding Interior - Quality throughout-seats can wear on you on a lengthy trip. IDrive a snap for the computer literate generation, definitely not for you Mom. Lack of storage, center console useless. Cup holders work better than you would expect. Exterior - Germans can't match the Japanese for fit and finish, gaps large enough to fit your pinky in. Car is drop dead gorgeous but paint is very soft and scratches easily. Run flats are a no no - no tire life and flats abound, stick with stock.

Exceptional sedan
By BMDUB1 on 06/24/06 09:35 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have recently purchased the 530xi. I am still infatuated with this car and cannot wait to drive it. The car is comfortable and fun to drive. I have driven a lot of cars but this car is unique. It looks great and has sufficient power and stability for any style of driver.

Can't Beat It!
By BEST CAR EVER on 03/24/06 07:57 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have owned Audi, Jag, and another BMW since about '97, and this in unequivocally the best driving vehicle I have been in. Smooth, solid power, handling is amazing. Snowstorm on 3rd day after buying and tried hard to get it to slip, couldn't do it. Interior is just the right amount of luxury, and the iDrive is easy for anyone who has touched a computer (what was all the fuss?).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.