Well, I always wanted one
By PJINCA on
2005 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
This is my 37th car in my life (more cars than years old) and I always wanted a 5 Series and now I fianlly got one. It is exactly what I wanted performance-wise, powerful, smooth and great handling. I have yet to feel the tranny shift, it is butter smooth. The comfort is excellent, I have both Sport and Premium pkgs and nav. The fit and finish are perfect and the brakes are great. My only complaints? Lack of storage - my cell phone resides on the shelf provided by the nav system. And apparently the computer is skewed, the other day my gas gauge read just under half tank, the computer told me I had 73 miles to empty, yet the fuels light came on and I had to put 17 gals into an 18 gal tank?
Favorite Features
Suspension, brakes, engine, seats, and yes the iDrive (I work in IT so technology is something I enjoy), now I get the longing looks that I used to give when I saw a 5 series
Suggested Improvements
Computer, nav should be satellite based not DVD, in a car this price range should multi-CD really be an option? And finally the ridiculous price from the dealer to have sat radio installed - it has satellite prep, but the radio costs $1000 installed (I got one for $29 and stuck it on the dash)