Hitt yourself in the head with a hammer
By stevee500 on
2005 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
TRADED MY E320-AFTER 6MOS TRADED RIGHT BACK TO AN E500. MY 530 HAD AN MSRP OF 63 K W/ EVERY POSSIBLE OPTION. DRIVING THIS CAR WAS LIKE HITTING MYSLEF IN THE HEAD WITH A HAMMER - IT FEELS SO GOOD WHEN YOU QUIT! I DRIVE IS EASY, BUT STILL A NEEDLESS HASSLE AND VERY DISTRACTING. ALSO FAR LESS COMFORT THAN THE BENZ. LOUSY INTERIOR, POOR STORAGE, CHEAP LOOKING ORANGE INSTRUMENT LIGHTS. EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS ARE SLIGHTLY LARGER THAN THE MERC YET THE MERC IS SO MUCH MORE ROOMY! BUT THE I DRIVE IN THE ISSUE - IT MAKES THIS CAR FAR MORE COMPLEX TO OPERATE THAN IT NEED BE. MY BENZ HAS ALL THE SAME BELLS AND WHISTLES YET IS EASY AND INTUITIVE TO OPERATE. BMW WILL DROP I DRIVE!!
Favorite Features
CRUISE DISTANCE CONTROL IS AN EXPENSIVE OPTION BUT WELL WORTH IT; BEAUTIFUL STYLING
Suggested Improvements
DROP I DRIVE!!!! DROP THE CHEESY PONTIAC STYLE ORANGE INSTRUMENT LIGHTS!!! GIVE US DECENT CONSOLE STORAGEAND CUP HOLDERS!!! ELECTRONICS THAT DON'T FAIL REGULARLY - A BIG PAIN - IT TAKES THE DEALER 8 HOURS TO RE-PROGRAM EVERY TIME THE I DRIVE CRASHES, WHICH IT DOES MONTHLY!!