2005 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
The Best Auto I've Ever Driven
By Nicky's BMW on 04/01/05 10:48 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is beautiful to look at, fun to drive and very reliable. BMW Service is second to none and we would never think of puchasing another make of vehicle. My husband used to be a Cadillac Man, but not anymore!

A Luxury Rocket Ship.....
By wtc on 03/25/05 01:03 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 545i is the finest vehicle I've ever owned... Sports car like feel in speed and handling, luxurious and comfortable for extended trips... With extremely attractive styling, other drivers always staring at it...

bmw black on black
By j.men on 03/24/05 11:46 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third 5 series car, car has been recalled two times due too computer problems. The 5 drives smooth and is as fast as a rocket. The upgrade seats are terrible not comfortable and not worth the extra money. My computer replacement took 4 weeks! Needless to say i was not happy. Bmw rented a volvo for me and paid the bill. Car is very tight and hits the road bumps very hard, could be the sports package with the low tires? The run flat tires are a pain, you cant get a simple flat fixed, bmw wants the tire to be replaced, at $425. Everyone looks at the black on black 545 it is a great looking car. I'm sure the computer bugs are fixed and love driving and highly recommend 545 to all.

4-door Porsche
By donelonpc on 03/22/05 17:22 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had a 2003 540 with an M sports pkg for the last couple of years. I did not think a car could get better than than one. Well, they made everything a little bit better in redesign. It's faster, handles better, bigger, more style in the looks, and many more features. It can outrun and outhandle a Boxster S, and seat 4 people. It is the firmest, tightest car I have driven.

Perfection of the drive
By Front Ranger on 03/22/05 16:29 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Previous car was 1999 540i sport pkg. Sold and bought 2004 M3. Drove the M for 6 months, traded it on 2004 545 sport with auto. Love it! 90% of M3 performance, way more comfort.

4-door Porsche
By donelonpc on 03/20/05 23:23 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I owned a 2003 540 with the M-Sport pkg. I thought it was tops in all categories. This one is even better in all aspects. Handles on rails, 0-60 in about 5.7. I love the styling, and yes even the I-knob. It took little time to learn, and after you make your settings, you rarely use it again.

4-door Porsche
By donelonpc on 03/20/05 23:23 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I owned a 2003 540 with the M-Sport pkg. I thought it was tops in all categories. This one is even better in all aspects. Handles on rails, 0- 60 in about 5.7. I love the styling, and yes even the I-knob. It took little time to learn, and after you make your settings, you rarely use it again.

The Ultimate Sport Sedan!
By RizMalik on 03/15/05 18:49 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car last evening and was surprised by the handling, comfort and performance of the car... it's awesome! I got the fully loaded 545i in titanium silver metallic. Yes, the styling is not perfect... but every car these days has some weak spots... so not a big deal. The interior is perfect, power is always there on demand and the luxury is outstanding.The 18" runflat tires look classy and add to the beauty of the vehicle. The Logic 7 audio system will blow you away (will have to spend 1800 bucks for it). The iDrive is simple and easy to use contrary to the confusing articles about it. It is very easy to use and is practical. If you want to get the ultimate sport sedan, go for it

2005 bmw525 automatic
By Bob on 03/12/05 21:13 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love it and have no regrets, it was expensive but worth it and so was the navigation system

Ownership of My 3rd BMW. 2005 525i BMW
By Patricia McCoy on 03/12/05 20:07 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The performance of the 525i series is outstanding. I have the sports package on my automobile, the grip to the road; as you are going around curves. Hugs the road. Love the rotating lights, especially in the evenings; the support back in the driver's seat makes this vehicle an exceptional soothing and comfortable adventure. Storage space in the trunk is excellent. The body style is sleek and classy. Hot Las Vegas weather the silver tones are perfect for desert & evening driving down the strip; shows off pure elegance. Safety of this vehicle is at the top of the line of autos. I have received discounts on my auto policy for having lo-jack & side, overhead, front airbags. Proud owner in Las Vegas NV.