Used 2005 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Bmw 5-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

My Mistake
By My Bimmer

2005 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you are looking for a budget/luxury/family performance car with good gas mileage, this is it! Sleek design, very comfortable and exceptional power for a v6. Nimble, great cornering and nice road feel. I have had it to 150 mph, but it took a while to get there and I wasn't comfortable as I arrived. "Ah There's the rub". At about 125 suspension feels loose. The SPORT PACKAGE corrects that problem. 0-60 takes about 9.3 sec., an eternity when trying to catch a fast car. The M5 will correct that problem(0-60 4.3). The 530 is a beautiful machine.

Favorite Features

Comfort, interior/exterior design and stereo are superior. Handling at speeds less than 125 is awesome. Love the red instrument panel lights. BMW holds value.

Suggested Improvements

More storage and better cup holders would be nice.

Finally got my 545i!!!!
By ab

2005 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

After much debate, I decided to let go of my 2006 330i for a 2005 545i. So far, the car does not disappoint. The iDrive is by far one of the best gadgets the car has to offer. You have to be computer illiterate not to know how to use the iDrive. These are the gadgets that make the car exciting!! As far as performance, the engine delivers!!! I could only image how the 550i performs. In addition, the car is very spacious and the seats are very comfortable. I can't wait to drive the car because it is that exciting!!

Favorite Features

iDrive!! (do not listen to any car editors - try it first, then make a decision) Nav system (could be much better), bluetooth, PDC, Sport package, space, and engine.

Suggested Improvements

Provide more functionality in the iDrive, hard drive based Nav instead of DVD, free Nav dvd updates, Nav screen should have the ability to display across the whole screen instead of , ability to retro fit HD radio and iPod aux, BMW assist should be standard for the life of the warranty or vehicle.

Still the Best Performance Sedan
By fat penguin

2005 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned more than 10 BMWs and, with the exception of my 2003 M3 convertible (my baby), this is the best car yet. It's a sports car, luxury sedan, and a practical everyday vehicle all in one.

Favorite Features

Power, roadhandling, bluetooth, iDrive (yes, I think it's great once you get used to it)

Suggested Improvements

If BMW cannot get the cupholders right, just take them out! I'm sick of spilling coffee because I assume the drink is secure. Door handles are cheap too.

Great Car
By Damon

2005 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

My wife fell in love with this car when she saw it. This is our first BMW and we are very satisfied. I am 6'4 and 280 pounds and there is tons of leg room for me front and back. in fact my favorite spot in the car is riding in the back. This car drives great and handles perfect. I only wish we would have spent the extra money and got the 530 to have more power. Don't get wrong it has great power but only after you get up to 40-50 mph. There is no initial pick up in the 6 cyl, but its great at higher speeds. Gears and smooth and precise. go for it and get one. It is the best driving car we ever had.

Favorite Features

The i-control is cool. I like that the car tells you when it needs to be serviced. This cuts out the guess work in keeping your car in good condition. great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Better base model wheels need to be enhanced. When a person spends over 40k for a car they should get better looking wheels and tires.

Best of the best
By Bo

2005 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

First BMW and without a doubt the best all around car I have ever owned. Traded a 2004 Mazda RX8 for it, the 545 outperforms the Mazda in every way.

Favorite Features

Handling is exceptional better than most sports cars

Suggested Improvements

None