2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 4.4L V8 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 6

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

545i Sedan (4.4L V8 6-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Another A+ for BMW
By Zach on 02/19/05 19:02 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car is amazing. The safety, power, and styling gives you complete confidence while driving down the road.

Still the best
By HJCrowley on 02/12/05 19:18 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third 5, and the first 8 cylinder version I've owned. Great engine, solidly built car, and the best mid-sized luxury sedan available. My only regret is that the 545 in the non-sport model configuration only offers an automatic transmission - not as fun as my previous manual but if I had to take an auto, I couldn't have done better than this. I heard so many negative comments about i- drive, I was prepared for the worst. Now that I use it, I can't imagine what people were talking about. It's very intuitive, and gives me greater control over the vehicle and my driving experience. BMW will be vindicated as having been ahead-of-the curve on this groundbreaking interface.

Elegant Muscle
By bugatti46 on 12/23/04 14:09 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Last car a 2000 540, this car is larger and more feature packed. Maybe not a good thing. idrive is easy after a couple of minutes if you have a handful of common sense.

Outstanding Sedan
By Dakota on 12/20/04 14:17 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned many different BMW's over the years and was hesitant on selling my 2003 540i and moving to the new one. I initially did not like the body style of the new 5 series but after seeing the sport version on the 545i, I changed my mind.As with any BMW, the tire and wheel package make the car. The interior is completely different and much better than the previous version. I-Drive is fun, not a hassle. Vehicle is as solid as any BMW and will make a great car for the perfomance minded driver. Love it !!!

what a car!
By pubsmeister on 12/12/04 21:48 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Now in my second week of driving the 545i. Great engine, handling, and just plain fun to drive. Last car was an Acura Legend, another great car but the difference is unbelieveable. I got the SMG transmission, you get the fun of the manual with the ease of use of an automatic. The iDrive is a piece of cake.

Wings missing
By Alexander Foch on 12/05/04 08:46 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Owned a 540i touring for ever and waited for the new 545 tourer. Just got the new toy. The boys from Munich managed to do an even better job, again. It´s amazing. My wife doesn´t care for cars at all, but she loves to ´borrow´ my flying carpet. If you have money to burn, here´s a great cause. And it doesn´t look as its price tag may suggest - a feature I truly like about this monster in sheep skin.

Wow !
By susan on 12/02/04 05:03 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 545 is my first BMW. I am thrilled with it's performance. Sport package, sound system, head up display etc. makes the drive fun.

After 4500 miles of fun driving
By jamesc on 11/24/04 00:02 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I chose European Delivery and picked up my 545i in Munich, Germany. This car is designed to be driven at 100 mph + on German autobahn. At over 100 mph on German autobahn, this car can cruise at ease for hours like it’s doing 60 mph. The 545 is deceivingly fast and extremely quiet. The fit and finish is excellent. With Sport Package option, the car feels like it can take corners better than a Porsche Boxster. The state of art BMW Valvetronic V8 engine is amazingly smooth and responsive. The braking and handling inspire confidence in the driver. The cabin is isolated from all outside noise. I prefer to hear the engine and exhaust a little bit more. BMW 545 is my 4 door sport car TOY!

Best mid-size sport sedan out now
By GER_545SMG on 11/11/04 02:31 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car has delivered...and more. I have never enjoyed a car as much as this. Everything is just great. Sure the cupholders could be better, but this is otherwise German engineering at its finest.

lovin it
By mikelle lasorsa on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The best car I have ever drove.