2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
545: Drive it, buy it.
By Salberts on 04/08/05 17:08 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I did. I was bored. It was rainy. I had the kids. I decided to test drive the new 5. Since I owned (and loved) a 530i (2002), I had no intention of buying the new model. Long story short, I test drove a 545, and I was sold. Not only is power, cornering, and ride vastly superior to the prior 5, the interior and trunk is larger, and the interior is better laid out. After a few minutes of minor haggling, the papers were signed and I was behind the wheel of a new silver grey 545i beauty. I drove it all weekend. Even the kids enjoyed it.

Couldn't be happier!!!
By BradS on 04/08/05 12:05 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Glad I stepped up to the car I really wanted. Was sold on 530, with premium and cold weather package, but really liked the power of the 545. Traded in my '99 M3 Convertible, which was one of the most exciting cars I have owned, but now with the 545, I now have a rocket with more room and luxury. Considered the new M45, A6 4.2, and Lexus GS, but after driving all, you realize why BMW is the one they are all striving to be.

A Luxury Rocket Ship.....
By wtc on 03/25/05 01:03 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 545i is the finest vehicle I've ever owned... Sports car like feel in speed and handling, luxurious and comfortable for extended trips... With extremely attractive styling, other drivers always staring at it...

bmw black on black
By j.men on 03/24/05 11:46 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third 5 series car, car has been recalled two times due too computer problems. The 5 drives smooth and is as fast as a rocket. The upgrade seats are terrible not comfortable and not worth the extra money. My computer replacement took 4 weeks! Needless to say i was not happy. Bmw rented a volvo for me and paid the bill. Car is very tight and hits the road bumps very hard, could be the sports package with the low tires? The run flat tires are a pain, you cant get a simple flat fixed, bmw wants the tire to be replaced, at $425. Everyone looks at the black on black 545 it is a great looking car. I'm sure the computer bugs are fixed and love driving and highly recommend 545 to all.

4-door Porsche
By donelonpc on 03/22/05 17:22 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had a 2003 540 with an M sports pkg for the last couple of years. I did not think a car could get better than than one. Well, they made everything a little bit better in redesign. It's faster, handles better, bigger, more style in the looks, and many more features. It can outrun and outhandle a Boxster S, and seat 4 people. It is the firmest, tightest car I have driven.

Perfection of the drive
By Front Ranger on 03/22/05 16:29 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Previous car was 1999 540i sport pkg. Sold and bought 2004 M3. Drove the M for 6 months, traded it on 2004 545 sport with auto. Love it! 90% of M3 performance, way more comfort.

4-door Porsche
By donelonpc on 03/20/05 23:23 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I owned a 2003 540 with the M-Sport pkg. I thought it was tops in all categories. This one is even better in all aspects. Handles on rails, 0-60 in about 5.7. I love the styling, and yes even the I-knob. It took little time to learn, and after you make your settings, you rarely use it again.

4-door Porsche
By donelonpc on 03/20/05 23:23 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I owned a 2003 540 with the M-Sport pkg. I thought it was tops in all categories. This one is even better in all aspects. Handles on rails, 0- 60 in about 5.7. I love the styling, and yes even the I-knob. It took little time to learn, and after you make your settings, you rarely use it again.

The Ultimate Sport Sedan!
By RizMalik on 03/15/05 18:49 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car last evening and was surprised by the handling, comfort and performance of the car... it's awesome! I got the fully loaded 545i in titanium silver metallic. Yes, the styling is not perfect... but every car these days has some weak spots... so not a big deal. The interior is perfect, power is always there on demand and the luxury is outstanding.The 18" runflat tires look classy and add to the beauty of the vehicle. The Logic 7 audio system will blow you away (will have to spend 1800 bucks for it). The iDrive is simple and easy to use contrary to the confusing articles about it. It is very easy to use and is practical. If you want to get the ultimate sport sedan, go for it

What a wonderful car!
By CJ Kim on 03/08/05 18:26 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is such a responsive and performing car. So smooth at the same time powerful! The gas mileage is suprisingly good for 8 cylinder car. During last 3000 miles, it averaged 21.5 MPG. One complaint, the cup holder sucks.