2005 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
BMW
By jambo on 12/01/05 22:25 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great looks. Power is decent. The only issues I have are the tire wear (sport package) and way too many rattles in the interior. Prefer standard dash contols over the iDrive.

From 7-series to 545
By tom on 10/18/05 16:22 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Following 3 7-series BMWs (2 740s and a 745) I find this 545 to be a much more enjoyable car to drive. With Sport Package, road feel and handling are both outstanding, although I am not a fan of the Active Steering. The interior is at least as comfortable as the 7-series and acceleration is superior. Plenty of room for 4 large adults, icluding sufficient leg room in rear, but 5 adults should only ride for short distances.

NIGHTMARE VEHICLE
By T Rodriguez on 10/08/05 14:06 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW purchase and it has been a nightmare from day 1. The iDrive has caused problems, the steering rack had to be replaced at 6,000 miles, the run flat tire sensor continually shows up whether I have a flat tire or not. BMW is unwilling to take this vehicle back. They stated that the car has ONLY been in the shop 20 times, which is not enough according to their standards. NEVER again I will purchase a BMW!!!

From CL55 to BMW 545
By Phil on 08/22/05 13:21 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Having come out of a CL 55 Merc. I found the BM only slightly slower. The BM's road holding is better, however its economy is the same as the 500bhp merc. The BM is a boring drive but I can live with that. I miss my TV and seat heating.

Great Car
By mapin3d@comcast.net on 08/20/05 10:44 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car. Quite a few features that make this car exceptionally fun to drive. Handles nicely hugging the road with complete confidence, very responsive, quiet interior. Overall this car meets most of ones expectations of a mid sized BMW although it is slightly underpowered for its size. At 225 HP it is sometimes not quite as responsive off the line. Although once at cruising speeds, just a slight tap on the accelerator produces quick and confident acceleration. Interior is nicely appointed and not overdone.

Very Happy With This Vehicle
By Jim White on 07/31/05 21:31 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I happened to really like both the interior and exterior styling and notice many who when I go into another lane check the car out as I pass on the highway. I had a Cadillac DTS prior to this and a Seville STS before that, neither car compared. I receive compliments from people I don"t know all the time, had two today, that makes you feel good as well. As was the case with the review writtten in this article SOME find the idrive system complicated, I don't. It took a little to get used to but it does so much, I don't know how it would have been simplified and still do as much. I ordered the car with PDC, Park Distance Control, don't overlook GPS! Both are exceptional!!

A Joy To Ride
By mark on 07/29/05 09:12 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought the 545 with SMG/ Sports package sight unseen on the recommendation of the salesman - glad I did. This car is an absolute joy to drive - I do ~60 miles each day and it's a pleasure.

Fun Car
By gene on 07/29/05 02:34 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW and I love it. I did have the car in the shop 3 times. 1st exhaust sensor went out. 2nd the car had to be towed to the shop...bad oil pressure sensor... I decided to trade-in for LEXUS reliability but after I test drove LEXUS I decided to keep my BMW. I just can't give-up the BMW performance... and I still have the warranty.

Solid Performer
By Dave on 07/15/05 18:10 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I traded an '04 Mercedes e500 for the 545 and am happy with the decision. The 545 is sportier, a bit quicker and grippier on the roads. I have to say, I think the Benz has a few things over my 545 - interior and exterior design primarilly, though the "Banglisms" (designer) on this car are growing on me...

A car you'll always remember
By Bob on 07/13/05 02:48 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A total kick every time I get behind the wheel. The quality of the car and driving experience make this car worth every penny. Everyone should own one at least once. I felt the 330i was a little small, while the 530i was a perfect fit for my life style. Treat yourself........