Used 2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

The Best Auto I've Ever Driven
By Nicky's BMW

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is beautiful to look at, fun to drive and very reliable. BMW Service is second to none and we would never think of puchasing another make of vehicle. My husband used to be a Cadillac Man, but not anymore!

The Navigation System and overall comfort of the vehicle

None

A Luxury Rocket Ship.....
By wtc

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 545i is the finest vehicle I've ever owned... Sports car like feel in speed and handling, luxurious and comfortable for extended trips... With extremely attractive styling, other drivers always staring at it...

Navigation system a must... Upgrade- premium stereo is unbelieveable.. Optional COMFORT seats worth the money... Sports Package ( for special steering ) is strongly recommended.. Add on the rear bumper sensors... A big help for parking....

I like the i-Drive system... Very easy to use, however mine keeps breaking down... It does what it wants whenever it wants.... Hopefully I'll get this corrected... This problem is not enough to sour me on this car however... It's an excellent vehicle...... I strongly recommend it...

bmw black on black
By j.men

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third 5 series car, car has been recalled two times due too computer problems. The 5 drives smooth and is as fast as a rocket. The upgrade seats are terrible not comfortable and not worth the extra money. My computer replacement took 4 weeks! Needless to say i was not happy. Bmw rented a volvo for me and paid the bill. Car is very tight and hits the road bumps very hard, could be the sports package with the low tires? The run flat tires are a pain, you cant get a simple flat fixed, bmw wants the tire to be replaced, at $425. Everyone looks at the black on black 545 it is a great looking car. I'm sure the computer bugs are fixed and love driving and highly recommend 545 to all.

looks, acceleration and passing speed.

rear window wipers

4-door Porsche
By donelonpc

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had a 2003 540 with an M sports pkg for the last couple of years. I did not think a car could get better than than one. Well, they made everything a little bit better in redesign. It's faster, handles better, bigger, more style in the looks, and many more features. It can outrun and outhandle a Boxster S, and seat 4 people. It is the firmest, tightest car I have driven.

I like the I-drive. Yes, I said it. It took a very short time to learn the functions. I think it is set up very logically. Once you get your settings you control everything from the steering wheel anyways. It is not a distraction while driving at all in my opinion.The brakes are the best.

Car at this price should not have fake metal door handles on the inside. Plastic here is not good.The accelerator took some getting use to. It is more touchy than the old car, and seems to have a slight delay before the car takes off.

Perfection of the drive
By Front Ranger

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Previous car was 1999 540i sport pkg. Sold and bought 2004 M3. Drove the M for 6 months, traded it on 2004 545 sport with auto. Love it! 90% of M3 performance, way more comfort.

Sirius radio, active steering, active handling with sport pkg, 6spd auto. Power, handling, very quiet on the road.

wish BMW would offer aluminum trim inside with black interior. A more aggressive exhaust note would be cool