2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
After 4500 miles of fun driving
By jamesc on 11/24/04 00:02 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I chose European Delivery and picked up my 545i in Munich, Germany. This car is designed to be driven at 100 mph + on German autobahn. At over 100 mph on German autobahn, this car can cruise at ease for hours like itÂ’s doing 60 mph. The 545 is deceivingly fast and extremely quiet. The fit and finish is excellent. With Sport Package option, the car feels like it can take corners better than a Porsche Boxster. The state of art BMW Valvetronic V8 engine is amazingly smooth and responsive. The braking and handling inspire confidence in the driver. The cabin is isolated from all outside noise. I prefer to hear the engine and exhaust a little bit more. BMW 545 is my 4 door sport car TOY!

First BMW, It's Amazing!
By Quetzalcoatl on 11/12/04 12:11 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW. I fell in love with German engineering when I owned the '98 Passat. This is that multiplied by 10. The car is a pure joy to drive. It makes the slog of the commute worth it, at least for a little while. I-drive is nowhere near the horrible extra everyone says. The cupholders aren't great, but they do the job. The one complaint I have is minor, and that is the odd compartments in the center armrest. What's the point?

Best mid-size sport sedan out now
By GER_545SMG on 11/11/04 02:31 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car has delivered...and more. I have never enjoyed a car as much as this. Everything is just great. Sure the cupholders could be better, but this is otherwise German engineering at its finest.

Not disappointed!!!
By Tennesseean on 11/08/04 14:36 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just had my Beemer for a week now. I am totally satisfied so far. Great ride...compared to Jaguar S-type, Lexus 300, Mercedes E-class. No Comparison for price. I drove a 1998 525-i and it was good. This care is awesome!!!!I can't wait to put it onto open highway!!!

Hitt yourself in the head with a hammer
By stevee500 on 11/05/04 12:44 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

TRADED MY E320-AFTER 6MOS TRADED RIGHT BACK TO AN E500. MY 530 HAD AN MSRP OF 63 K W/ EVERY POSSIBLE OPTION. DRIVING THIS CAR WAS LIKE HITTING MYSLEF IN THE HEAD WITH A HAMMER - IT FEELS SO GOOD WHEN YOU QUIT! I DRIVE IS EASY, BUT STILL A NEEDLESS HASSLE AND VERY DISTRACTING. ALSO FAR LESS COMFORT THAN THE BENZ. LOUSY INTERIOR, POOR STORAGE, CHEAP LOOKING ORANGE INSTRUMENT LIGHTS. EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS ARE SLIGHTLY LARGER THAN THE MERC YET THE MERC IS SO MUCH MORE ROOMY! BUT THE I DRIVE IN THE ISSUE - IT MAKES THIS CAR FAR MORE COMPLEX TO OPERATE THAN IT NEED BE. MY BENZ HAS ALL THE SAME BELLS AND WHISTLES YET IS EASY AND INTUITIVE TO OPERATE. BMW WILL DROP I DRIVE!!

Green 525 - Love it
By Executive Class on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is one of the most appealing vehicles on the road. I've had people on the highway give me the thumbs up as if saying, "Nice car man". It feels and rides great. I have a friend with a Cadillac and one with a Mercedes and they both brag about my 525. The 525 has superb handling and power to merge and pass. The I-drive is easy to learn and an innovative convenience. I am able to reach every button in the front area to include the passengers door with ease. This is my first 5 Series and I will always own a 5 series from now on. Oh! The full maintenance warranty will be hard to beat. The factory sound system has no distortion at high levels. There is plenty of trunk space.

Fun to drive
By RufusA on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A great car and fun to drive. Get the standard 6 speed. The i drive is not a big deal as published in the car mags.

awesome
By dentkorn on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Car drives and handles beyond expectations.Annoying cuphoder,and radio only blemish to this buyer.

great car- everyone should drive one
By ted lyon` on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

sport car feel with luxery car comfort- hadles great- very quick

lovin it
By mikelle lasorsa on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The best car I have ever drove.