Used 2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

My BMW 545i Six Speed
By Tom Schmidt

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

BMW gave the owners of the older E39 a reason to trade up. The newer E60 is so different in terms of improved handling and balance its hard to believe they came from the same company. I took possession of the car in Munich so I got to drive it on the Autobahn. Wow, what a thrill. When a car is designed to travel safely at 130 mph, it's even safer at 70 mph. It's so well thought out in every detail that it seems every design feature has it's own complex rationale. It is probably the the perfect car for me.

The car handles like nothing else except, perhaps, a true sports car. The plush interior and the exterior styling are unquestionably elegant. No Chris Bangle bashing here. The car stuns in person.

The iDrive remains to be improved. However, the alternative is one million little buttons like on the Audi A6, which is no solution at all.

Patricia's Beemer
By Patricia Gonzalez

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 323i prior to this 2005 5 series. WOW! I am so happy I upgraded. It is classy, sporty & so much fun to drive. If you love the feel of a tight drive, you'll love this car. I'm a Beemer girl and always will be!

Exterior iDrive The way it turns the corners

I have tan leather interior and it does get dirty fast.

Back and better then before
By blue/dark brown inti

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had the very first 2004 545i in NYC and it looked great but the computer was never working correctly and car was always in the shop. So my dealership worked with BMW and got me into an brand new M3 convertible leaving my 545i to BMW for further evaluation. Needless to say I loved my M3 but I needed a bigger car but did not want to lose the M3 drive so I returned my M3 and am back in a new 2005 545i and BMW fixed everything that was wrong with the 2004. The car is as fun to drive as my M3 but has the best sound system (Logic 7) great handling (sports pkg) and enough room for anything that life throws at you. The GPS/voice/bluetooth all work great GET A 545 TODAY- BEST 4dr on the road!

Bluetooth phone, active stearing, sports pkg, Logic 7 and heated stearing wheel and seats

make windows go up as well as down using the key buttons and update key to that of the start system of 750 LI

A step up
By Simon

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in a 2003 525i to buy the 2005 545i. While it has taken me a little while to get used to the new styling, it has taken no time at all to get used to the sheer driving power and pleasure of the 545i. Über-responsive and just terrific fun to drive, I am very happy with my decision.

The new navigation system takes the fear out of touring.

Look again at the internal styling. I really think the 2003 version was warmer, particularly with more use of wood in the doors.

Love it!
By anthony Vecchione

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Maybe I am biased but this is my fifth of my BMW. Three were 3 series (gave my last one to my daughter so the grandchildren were safe), and purchased a Z4 for my wife. I needed a larger sedan than the 3, so the 5 was a natural choice. I happen to like the looks and the I Drive. Yes, it takes some time, but it is worth it. We just got back from a 2000 mile trip and we were comortable and relaxed after doing quite a bit of exploring. It handled wonderfully on the switchbacks of the forest roads, great milage on the highway, and the navagation system was confused only once when new roads had been built. It even found a small hotel we had programmed in in a residental area of town,

Handling, comfort, solid feel, navigation and heads up display.

Heads-up display better seen with polarized sunglasses.