2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Great Car, but not Cheap to maintain
By amg0507 on 12/16/12 22:47 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my car for a few years now and put a good bit of miles on it. I've got 120,000 miles. I've changed the battery, tires, oil, spark plugs, all the regular maintenance and it drives great. But it's a BMW and parts are not cheap. . . it's also not cheap to have someone put them in for you. If you want a car that is Cheaper to keep going, drive a Toyota or a Honda. If you want to enjoy driving your car get a BMW. Previously I've had an Rx-8, MiniCooper Sport, Lexus SC430 and a Honda Accord.

Loves it
By paulmiceli on 03/21/11 19:49 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Owned my 2005 530i for 3 years and never had one problem with it. Drove like a dream and always loved driving it. I put on about 12,000 a year mostly city driving and it performed great. A little tight up front (I'm 6'3) but overall the space inside is good. The interior design is very good the bluetooth always worked great with my phone and IDrive didn't bother me once I got used to it. The cup holders are ok they're not to bad never had a problem with them. The car is also very safe I got into an accident and the car held up great. Just recently sold it with 57,000 miles I upgraded to a 2008 535xi I hope I have the same luck with it !

Top of its class!
By RLo on 01/29/10 23:47 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car is great, loaded with all the features (premium, sport, cold-weather, navigation, etc) although rather pricey. The car is an absolute joy to drive, and handles like a dream. The performance isn't the greatest, i recommend not getting 530 because the 530i isn't such a great investment. If you want power, just go with the V8, its not much difference the 530 with 525. However, the quality of the car is great, and it is a real head turner. The leather has great quality, as well as the dash, real wood, and other things. What I don't like is the cost to own, but I guess you should expect it since you own a BMW. Also bothers me that everything is optional. (htd. seats, mp3, cd changer, etc)

Well, I always wanted one
By PJINCA on 06/25/08 08:15 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 37th car in my life (more cars than years old) and I always wanted a 5 Series and now I fianlly got one. It is exactly what I wanted performance-wise, powerful, smooth and great handling. I have yet to feel the tranny shift, it is butter smooth. The comfort is excellent, I have both Sport and Premium pkgs and nav. The fit and finish are perfect and the brakes are great. My only complaints? Lack of storage - my cell phone resides on the shelf provided by the nav system. And apparently the computer is skewed, the other day my gas gauge read just under half tank, the computer told me I had 73 miles to empty, yet the fuels light came on and I had to put 17 gals into an 18 gal tank?

530I
By Stoney on 06/22/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought mine with 15000 miles on it. I also owned a previous certified pre-owned 2000 (I can't get myself to puchase a new one). While I enjoy the "sedan" feel, it is not as responsive as my previous 5 series and also my wife's 335i blows it away in the fun category. But with that said, I bought a sedan and I love it (120 mph feels like 45 mph)! I only wish the ergonomics were a tad better (cup holders, cruise, tilt, wipers, etc.). For the money, give me the beemer and keep the lexus/acura!

Rockin'
By Robert on 03/14/08 20:44 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the perfect car. Handles awesome, the combination of power versus fuel economy is phenomenal and the quietness and comfortable ride are totally there. Not to mention badass looks! The car is gorgeous. I have the black with tan interior. Nothing on the road is as beautiful except maybe the Benz 500. This thing runs like mad when you want and smooth as can be when you want to lay back. Stable as can be under rough pavement and braking is first rate. My former car was a 3 series and I miss the razor sharp handling, but the 3 was a little "touchy". Not so with the 530i. I have the premium package, the regular sound system is ok with me and the seats are very comfortable.

My First was the Best
By thewonger on 11/28/06 13:17 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 1st BMW was 1998 5-series that I regret not keeping. I'm on my 3rd 5- series and seriously considering another brand. The gas tank has been replaced, passenger side window motor replaced, the trunk opened randomly (finally figured out it was a faulty switch), alarm went off in my garage and it wasn't even armed (from what I've read, this was likely due to low battery drain), rt-rear passenger didn't always lock during drive-away, and passenger-side airbag sensor replaced. I like driving the car and the looks are great, but to have a $50k+ car in the shop so many times in 2 years is too much.

My Mistake
By My Bimmer on 06/04/06 05:26 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you are looking for a budget/luxury/family performance car with good gas mileage, this is it! Sleek design, very comfortable and exceptional power for a v6. Nimble, great cornering and nice road feel. I have had it to 150 mph, but it took a while to get there and I wasn't comfortable as I arrived. "Ah There's the rub". At about 125 suspension feels loose. The SPORT PACKAGE corrects that problem. 0-60 takes about 9.3 sec., an eternity when trying to catch a fast car. The M5 will correct that problem(0-60 4.3). The 530 is a beautiful machine.

BMW
By jambo on 12/01/05 22:25 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great looks. Power is decent. The only issues I have are the tire wear (sport package) and way too many rattles in the interior. Prefer standard dash contols over the iDrive.

Great Car
By mapin3d@comcast.net on 08/20/05 10:44 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car. Quite a few features that make this car exceptionally fun to drive. Handles nicely hugging the road with complete confidence, very responsive, quiet interior. Overall this car meets most of ones expectations of a mid sized BMW although it is slightly underpowered for its size. At 225 HP it is sometimes not quite as responsive off the line. Although once at cruising speeds, just a slight tap on the accelerator produces quick and confident acceleration. Interior is nicely appointed and not overdone.

1 2 3 4 5 next »