2004 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Now It's O.K.

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

Now It's O.K.
By Stu from Scottsdale on

2004 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I was the first to get my 5 series in Scottsdale, AZ. I should have waited while BMW got the minor bugs out. A "run-flat" tire was bad and until it was discovered the car was vibrating so much while driving that the passengers thought the car was equipped with "vibrating" seats. Originally the dealer said that's the way the sports series drives. The service manager was NOT very accomodating and I had to complain loud and often.Then the radio- C/D player repeatedly would not play, all that you could hear was static. BMW after 5 tries finally fiqured out it was caused by the "phone module". The drivers cup holder also broke after the first use. Now I love it.

All the new technological driving features. It handles beautifully.

Make the I-driive a little easier to use, improve the cup holder, more interior storage space. Some BMW dealers must get their act together, in my case it was really just the service manager who needed training in customer service and people management. He remains simply rude.