Love / Hate
By Munro on
2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I love and hate this car. the signalers still drive me nuts, there is no temperature gauge, cabin storage, can't set the radio because of the stupid I-Drive, cup holders from Hell, can't see the speedometer through the steering wheel, Setting the climate control is almost impossible (I-Drive again), Nothing about the controls is intuitive (I previously drove an Infiniti, which practically drove itself). That said, I have never driven a car that handles anywhere as well as this BMW 530i. Just give me an open road, a Valentine 1 radar detector and I am a very happy boy. I have owned this car for over 4 years and have no plans to trade or sell it. I hope to put another 100,000 miles on it!
Favorite Features
The Handling! The design! say what you will about Chris Bangle, but nobody ever mistook an E60 BMW for anything else. Many other designers have borrowed Bangle's design cues, the BMW looks better every year.
Suggested Improvements
There should be some I-Drive training for those of us who bought used. the owners manual is very difficult to follow.