2004 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Looks Great! Performs Good.

2004 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

530i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Looks Great! Performs Good.
By CHDude on

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Okay, consider the source, here. I am upgrading to the best class of car I have ever owned, but I know what a good and great car is. This is somewhere between good and great. I like what the Germans do with their cars. I like the way they build them. I like the way they design them, but the 530i is high maintenance. However, treat it right, and it will continue to make you happy. The handling on the 530i is unbeatable for a luxury sedan. The engine performance is deceptively good, not great, but good. Nevertheless, the interior is second to none. The looks combined with the great handling and good performance make it barely worth the price for me.

Favorite Features

Driving position and features such as the highly adjustable seats, stellar AC, precise stereo sound, and clean instrument cluster are super nice. Also, the very nice exterior lines with aftermarket low profile rims make it look very classy.

Suggested Improvements

The purchase price is borderline. Inversely, the resale value far above average. Overall, cost of ownership is too steep.