2004 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Looks can be decieving

2004 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

2004 BMW 5 Series

525i Sedan (2.5L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Looks can be decieving
By Melina on

2004 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car in Germany and couldn't wait to get it back to the states. The same week it arrived I had to turn it into the dealership because, the monitor said I was out of oil. They fixed that problem. A couple of months past and one night the car went crazy. Windshield wipers wouldn't turn off, headlights, radio, interior lights were all flashing. BMW claimed to fix the problem. 2 weeks later I was at the dealership again for another "software" issue. My vehicle had been in the shop 7 times and was less than a year old. I was really disappointed with the way BMW Corporate handled the situation. I could have purchased a Neon and had less problems. I won't be purchasing another BMW.

Appearance is the only thing going for this vehicle. Being that me and the dealership seem to have joint custody of the car, when it's not with them it drives/rides fine. As soon as my two weeks are up it's back to daddy dealership for more "software" work.

Fix the so called "software" issue. Maybe, BMW should work out all the bugs before placing their products on the market.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review