2004 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Endless driving pleasure

2004 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

530i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Endless driving pleasure
By jlbl on

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my 2004 BMW 530d for one year now. I am fully satisfied with it. I like driving, and driving this car is an endless pleasure. I look forward to do it everyday. The engine is diesel (turbocharged, 3 l, 6L cyl, 218 hp/4000 rpm, max speed 152 mph/4000 rpm, max torque 369 lbft/ 2000 rpm). My mileage is 20.7 mpg on downtown streets, 34.5 mpg on a mixture of highways (90-95 mph on average) mountain road. No problems to date. i-Drive is very useful in order to set preferences and leave yourself to deal dayly with only a few choice of buttons in the dashboard or the steering wheel. Brakes are efficient to the most. Last, the car is solid like a rock when it comes to a bump.

This car is agile, precise and secure. No matter the cruise speed or the highway/road/street sort you are driving on. i-Drive is useful. I like the exterior styling. The interior is minimal but suits me—I dislike feeling in a car like in a jet-plane cockpit. The car is roomy and luxury enough.

Plastic interior is good but could be better. Central console has too many trapdoors to get in.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review