Endless driving pleasure
By jlbl on
2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I have owned my 2004 BMW 530d for one year now. I am fully satisfied with it. I like driving, and driving this car is an endless pleasure. I look forward to do it everyday. The engine is diesel (turbocharged, 3 l, 6L cyl, 218 hp/4000 rpm, max speed 152 mph/4000 rpm, max torque 369 lbft/ 2000 rpm). My mileage is 20.7 mpg on downtown streets, 34.5 mpg on a mixture of highways (90-95 mph on average) mountain road. No problems to date. i-Drive is very useful in order to set preferences and leave yourself to deal dayly with only a few choice of buttons in the dashboard or the steering wheel. Brakes are efficient to the most. Last, the car is solid like a rock when it comes to a bump.
Favorite Features
This car is agile, precise and secure. No matter the cruise speed or the highway/road/street sort you are driving on. i-Drive is useful. I like the exterior styling. The interior is minimal but suits meI dislike feeling in a car like in a jet-plane cockpit. The car is roomy and luxury enough.
Suggested Improvements
Plastic interior is good but could be better. Central console has too many trapdoors to get in.