2004 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: E60 verses E39

2004 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

530i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

E60 verses E39
By Brandon Boles on

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 04, 530i a little over a month ago. So far I am very pleased with the car. Overall it is a dream to drive. It has the sports package and it feels like it's on rails. I also own a 98 540i Sport. The overall compfort and flat out performance is a bit better on the 540 but it should be. It's a v8 car. I believe time will tell, that the 04, 530i will be a more reliable car. Believe it or not, the 540i fuel economy is a little better than the 530i. That may be due to driving habits. My 530 has a 6 speed manual, the 540 has the automatic steptronic transmission.

I-Drive is not for ID10T'S. Once you figure it out, it's like second nature. It's a neat concept. Handling is awesome and over all interior. Premium sound is a must also.

Cup holders. BMW engineers, please stop trying to make such a complicated cup hold that won't stand the test of time. All you need is two holes and a flap to cover it up when you aren't using it. My wife broke the passenger cup holder the 2nd day I owned the 530. I've replaced the 540s 3 times.