2004 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Problems Problems Problems
By ReneeBelkin on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've been in the dealer more than the car. Told flaws are fixed in the next years model! Pain in the rear to get the car in. The problems are repeated cup holders broken, in dash software problems, doors rattle, lights stay on, signals flip to one side then ther other, wheel balance is always pulling,seat adjustment controls and overall one thing or another,.

525i
By alex zaydel on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Exterior is good, nice body lines. Interior is less fun for driver, but comfortable for passangers. Design of front panel could be much better,that includes I-drive screen portion.Too many conflicting shapes, looks very heavy.Performance is very good, the car is fast and solid. Turning radius could be less but it's O.K.

It's a winner!
By cowboy359 on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

An fun, exciting car to drive - it's a sports car with four doors - and the active cruse control and the voice activated features make it like something Captain Piccard would be impressed with.

BMW one of the last quality built cars
By CHNSKY545i on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I must say the new line of 5 series (E60 - BMW code name) is well worth it's weight (under 3800#s). This mid- sized car handles and performans like some of the smaller sized cars no wonder BMW is where it is in the car market. They build truely work towards building "The Ultimate Driving Machine". The new active-roll stabilization, that reduces the body- roll of the car works flawlessly, the car virtually stays flat even on the most agressive turns. The active steering (variable turn ratio) is some getting use to but makes it so much easier to drive this car with less hand over hand work. Test drive a 5 series today, you will be sold, I was.

Joan and Bernie's 530i
By Bernie Keele on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second 5 series BMW(2001 was first. This car is even better in all respects than the 01 and I thought it was as good as it could get.It is my intention to always own a BMW. In fact we will be trading our Toyota Highlander for a X-3.There is simply nothing I would change on the car. A new outstanding feature is the adaptive headlights. They make mountain driving so much easier.

SUPER VEHCILE
By T Griffis on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a really fun vehicle to drive. It has power and luxery. The interior and exterior is awsom.

Try it, you'll like it!!
By intlguy on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Dissing the iDrive must be by one day test drivers. With a little time and practice it's easy and very capable. Get your 14 year old to explain it to you.

Great Experience
By BMW Convert on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

As a long time GM employee had been a loyal buyer, but no product compares to my 545i. It is truly a driving machine. A firm but comfortable ride exceeds expectations.

Great Car
By Driver530 on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 530 in July of 2004. This car has been great. Handles like a dream and rides very smoothly. I am really impressed with the space. I am 6"0 and I have had four passengers that were my size or taller with no problems. Using the "I" drive is simple. After reading the reviews I thought it was going to be hard but it was no problem. When it comes to technological items I can be challenged (my wife always programs the VCR)so I thought this would be a challenge. But after spending a little time studying the manual and watching the DVD BMW provides, it is a snap.

The best car in the world
By Tamra t on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car has 200,000 miles on it and it runs like its brand new