Used 2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

All eyes...
By H Power

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

No regrets in getting my Black 545i. I'm totally sold except that I'm filling up gas every 4 days. I love to race my car and it looks really sexy especially with my auburn interior leather.

Sports package, fast car!

Navigation system, heated backseats, better cupholder.

I love it!!!
By BobAnge

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This has to be one of the most exciting cars to drive today. I love it!!! A bonus that I didn't even expect was the great mileage I get when driving on the highway... 36MPG!!

The smooth 6 cylinder engine, steering system, 6 speed manual transmission, head lights, comfortable seats and unlike all the critics I do like the i- drive system.

I have the performance package which included the 18" low profile racing tires.....now that they are a little older they make a lot of noise.

I love my 545!
By Juneblooms

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second BMW. My first was a 3 Series which I also enjoyed. The only reason I traded in my 3 series was due the pressure from my husband to upgrade. Once I drove my 545 just a few times I fell in love. I have never loved a car until I drove this car. I'm a mom and this car was my compromise to Momhood. I have room for three kids in back. Tons of trunk room and a sports car to drive. Yippee. The only bad part is I don't get to play with it very often because I'm usually hauling kids.

This is silly but the cup holders don't fit the car. How many cars can have that as their worst complaint.

Miserable $60,000 Car
By Rich D.

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car, while brilliant in performance characteristics, is utterly unreliable. With only 23,000 miles driven, the list of mechanical and electrical problems I have experienced are too numerous to mention. Suffice it to say that this car and the BMW service from the dealer where the car were purchased have provided me with the worst car ownership experience I have ever had. Although born in Germany, I will never purchase another German made car - Japanese cars are simply far superior - an imperceptible loss in performance is worth the peace of mind of knowing you own a reliable, well built machine.

Performance.

Engineer this car to be reliable. Outsource all of the electronics in the car to the Japanese.

Awesome car - - delighted with it
By Abbas

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW but certainly not last. Excellent car with superb looks inside and out. Very fun to drive and extremley reliable. Buy the extended service - - well worth the money.

Body style (much better than the previous), reliability, comfort, ride, etc. Love the EASY TO USE iDrive and don't understand why some don't like it! Outstanding brakes.

Make rear look more like a BMW than Toyota! Find a solution for the brake powders.