Used 2004 BMW 5 Series 525i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

525i
By alex zaydel

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Exterior is good, nice body lines. Interior is less fun for driver, but comfortable for passangers. Design of front panel could be much better,that includes I-drive screen portion.Too many conflicting shapes, looks very heavy.Performance is very good, the car is fast and solid. Turning radius could be less but it's O.K.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of I-drive.

SUPER VEHCILE
By T Griffis

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a really fun vehicle to drive. It has power and luxery. The interior and exterior is awsom.

Favorite Features

I drive

Commuting is fun now!!!!
By PrimaDawna

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love my new 525i. I was in the market for a E300 and I said, what the hell, let's stop at BMW..fully prepared to hate them. My car drives like a dream. It handles like it's on rails and I have the confidence of knowing my car will do what I want. I now look forward to my 50 minute commute to work through the crowded So. California freeways. If I had known I enjoyed driving so much, I would have spent the extra $$ for the bigger engine.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the way this car handles. I love the exterior styling and the look of my xenon headlights. Great fuel economy compared to my former SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders. Center console useless. I hate the turn signals. Push a little, 3 blinks. Push a lot, won't turn off and you're driving down the road like an idiot. I'm not too crazy about having to press accept on the iDrive.The clock won't display if the seatbelts aren't in use.

BEST DRIVE EVER
By tajz

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car to drive. Fast and fun. Easy to handle. The i control isn't too hard to learn, but you should really have a teenager there to help. I do find that sometimes settings are changed and I have no clue how I changed them or how to change them back. It will require you to look in the owners manual to fix it. BMW has contacted me several times as well as the auto dealership that sold it to me to inquire how I like the car. I feel like I am being treated very well by BMW. I love this car.

Favorite Features

I love the automatic wind shield wipers and the xenon lights. They are beautiful.

First 5 Series
By Seth Cooley

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

We ordered our 5 series from the factory in Munich and had it deliverd to the US in June. This is our first sport luxury sedan and are very pleased with the ride, handling, and appearance. The comfort of the interior is outstanding and allows for 6-8 hour drives with no discomfort. Sound system is great. We use the owners manual to figure out the iDrive and have most of our settings finally completed. Will return to this web site in a year to update our experience.

Favorite Features

Suspension is fantastic. Level smooth ride and quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Side door columns are thick and obstruct views when lined up with headrests.