2004 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
EXHILARATING & WORTH EVERY PENNY
By FS on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

You're driving onto the entrance ramp of a major freeway, and you press slightly down on the accelerator: Your vehicle leaves you behind at the ramp! It handles extremely well on curves and corners. The vehicle is very well insulated but not enough to where you don't hear the roar of the engine. An excellent ride-- not too soft and not to tight/bumpy. Overall, the best vehicle in this class!

GIVE IT A TEST DRIVE
By LANCE on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

GIVE IT A TEST DRIVE. THE VEHICLE SPEAKS FOR ITS SELF. LEARN TOO USE THE I-DRIVE AND ITS MANY FEATURES.

My BMW 530I
By Ron Caterino on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is the finest automobile I have ever owned. It drives like a dream, has excellent acceleration and a very smooth ride.

04 530i is awesome!
By molly brown on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It is a joy to drive. Handling is great. Style and comfort exceptional.

Dot the "i"
By Jack Furlong on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

04 has a demonstrably better ride and feel than 03. Exterior is too close to a G35 for my taste. iDrive is utter waste of time:distracting, expensive, worthless. (It starts with a liability waiver, "push to accept," which is all you need to know.) BMW continues to ignore the essence of the cupholder, opting for shallow plastic (pun intended.) But these are nits to pick. This is still the most responsive, comfortable, reliable sedan under $90,000. I dumped my Saab 9000, MB E320, even an Alfa, and never looked back. Two oppositional thumbs up.

This car is perfect
By strahdawg88 on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

There are no flaws in my BMW!

love the drive
By ridevegas on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is amazing to drive. Handles like a dream. Plenty of power. I have owned 2 BMWs before and this is by far the best! I-drive is GREAT and much improved over that of the 7 series.

2004 BMW 530
By TCD1 on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car overall is awesome. I'm disappointed in the quality of the sound system for the stereo/CD and the CD storage in nonexistent.

Love at first sight
By Tom Mescall on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When I first saw her, I was captured. On my drive up to the dealer I saw many vehicles on the lot and my eyes continued to be drawn to the new 5. Once I began to approach the vehicle, I had to have it. The only questions in my mind was engine, options and color. My new 530i is a pure joy. With the premium and sport package it looks and feels great. The driving experience is unparellled. I previously test drove the E320, and the A6. Neither captured my desire for a luxury sports car with such vigor as my new 5. I don't even look back over my shoulder in the one month I have owned it. I know I made the right decision.

GREAT
By STEPHANIE on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is really GREAT!