2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews 30

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
early impression
By dieter on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

have driven the car only 1500 miles (sport package/premium/auto). love it overall. the steering and suspension in particular. much better than my last car, a 2000 3 series which i also enjoyed. engine is very responsive with very good power-surprising considring the numbers.

New 5 needs refinement
By PCM on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had the car for 1300 miles. The car is not as stable as the older 5. Sport suspension is bouncy. Quirky electronic. Very weak radio reception. Lots of statics and losses all AM signal running underpass. Passenger airbag sensir could not sense an adult passenger sitting in passenger side - a safety hazard. Jerking transmisson. Dakota leather harder than Honda leather. Head rest angel does not conform to body shape, too far from head.Poorly design turn signal stick. I have confused the poor guy behind me when Itry to bring the turning sign back to off but going left and right instead.

Don't listen to the Naysayers
By bcoops on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is definitely the ultimate driving machine. I know there are people who haven't driven this car that are keeping the rating down. This car is so smooth, so smart...the I- drive has been simplified compared to the 7-series. It's a breeze to operate. I don't have the nav. system, so I don't know if those complications will develop. The car has enough pickup that I don't have to shift into steptronic unless I need that kick after the light turns green.

LOVE MY BMW 2004
By ARMY GUY on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Everything I want in a car and more!

First Time 5 Owner...
By Beamer Novice on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A well built tight driving car. Smooth ride and suspension and handles like a sports car with a luxary feel to it. Idrive takes a day or two to master but after that it's a real pleasure to set controls and only reset them as desired. No clutter of buttons or switches on the dash to deal with. I'm a BMW owner for life now. Maybe the next one will be the 7 Series.

New 5 Series is all they say it is!!
By jim 5109 on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great handling and a LOT more room than the 0202 5 Series. Much more stylish as well. I am completely satisfied

Great car
By hoopzmaker57 on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Buy the car. It is great. It is fun to drive and very reliable. Go buy it now.

NEW BMW 530i
By lousado on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very classy yet fun to drive.Better than previous model.Annoyng seatbelt sound (does not stop until seatbelt is on)

Just got 2004 525i
By Mikehell on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just got a 2004 525i automatic with cold weather package, xenon lights (which are way nice!), leather and premium package...very nice car!! I had been researching extensively new BMW's, Mercedes, and the like for the last 5 months. BMW is a very solid car. You feel very much in control. Even though I have only had it a week, it so far has proven excellent to my high standards (I plan on updating this entry in 6-8 months to see if all is still well). I was also torn between the 530 and 525, there really is not much difference in the engine perfomance considering an extra $5,000 for 39 more horsepower.

The new 2004 BMW 5
By beamerlady on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The handling of this vehicle performs like the 7 with the new sport package, except its cheaper. The comfort is like being on your living room couch.You must drive one to fall in love with it, you will never drive another car again.