Used 2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

545 IA bargain
By Mau

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Was able to get hold of a 2004 545 IA with 24k miles for US $28k. After having a couple of Impreza WRX rally cars and STI I decided to go comfy. I have found that the 545 is just superb. Great power (miss the turbo though), a little slow on the take offs due the heavy weight but more than happy with all the equipment and comfort. Tried the 525 and 530 - simply no comparison. V8 all the way!

Favorite Features

Changed the wheels for M5 model... the look is just incredible and no one believes it's a 2004 model!

Suggested Improvements

Economy.

Best certifed used car I have ever owned
By Norm

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I remember hearing the words "the ultimate driving experience" and I can tell you that my 2004 530i bought in 2007 with 19,138 miles on it has been the best vehicle I have ever owned....hands down! I have had no problems with this car and it drives effortlessly. Great gas mileage and fun to drive at high speeds.

Favorite Features

Solid driving car, hardly any noise at any speed and exceptional gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Car should have a compass as standard equipment.

The best car for the buck - used
By dbbbbb

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Bimmer, 2 530's, 1 325 - junk, and 1 X3 - junk... but the 530 is awesome. No problems with 50K, just normal wear and tear but the front control bushings needed replacing at 20K, engine is solid and performs gutsy for an I6, the comfort has so many option that you can't go wrong and the feel is sporty but luxurious, tight, but comfortable, tight as you want it, with all the variations in the seat controls, and all the controls are also on the passenger seat. After 2 yrs. I just found a new control for the back rest to tilt, huh, that was cool. I love the temp/ac/heat controls. You can out the screen on ac and watch the ventilation automatically fluctuate, get one!

Favorite Features

Idrive, temp control, steering, sport package handling,equalizer, reliability, and looks.

Suggested Improvements

none

I hate that I love this car so much!
By Jeff Allen

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2004 BMW 525 used with 28K miles in 2010 to be used as my commuter car. I can not stand the iDrive that BMW uses in this model year. The cup holders are officially the 10th level of hell. Tires and brakes are three times as expensive as a "normal" sedan. Repairs, though few and far between so far, are costly. Every few months I will shop around hoping to replace it, refusing to look at another BMW. Every couple of months I go test drive another round of models and makes that I cant bring myself to buy. I love my BMW! Nothing handles like it. Nothing performs like it! Nothing captivates the true essence of the drive like a BMW! Until i can find something better...

Favorite Features

Handling, Performance, Agility, Design, Overall Engineering.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders for actual cups. iDrive that works.

The best I have driven
By leoklaus

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am currently driving a 530i. It is very reliable car and so far nothing has been changed or broken. Excellent handling and comfort. I love the car and every time I drive it, it is truly a superb experience. I am a one happy owner. Of course there is still a room for improvement ... M5.

Favorite Features

iDrive...yes I like it, I cannot understand why many people complain about it. It is simple to operate. I do not have to even look at the display. Rear wheel drive (racing abilities), of course not in the snow, I am not crazy.

Suggested Improvements

The built quality of interior features corresponds to its class. Overall everything is fine.