2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
My 2004 525i
By DHCorvette1970 on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is all I expected in a car and more. The handling and comfort and the ride is exceptional. The style and design of The BMW 5-series has delivered many a "WOW's & WHOO'S" to my family and friends. My BMW is primarly used to commute to work in the morning, commuting has never been so pleasureble. One thing I would request in a BMW is better cup holders. I need to put my Starbuck's coffee some where.

Envy of all
By livlif525 on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned my 525i w/sport/premium pkg since 4/04. This is probably the best handling sedan i've driven to date. Lux but sporty. Expected gas mileage to be better around town. Avg 35mpg on the highway. Couldn't justify spending the cheese for the 530. The extra hp is only noticably missing at low speeds. Not a factor on the highway. Finally getting used to the stares at stop lights. If you're thinking of purchasing - stop 2nd guessing and get it. You'll be glad you did.

ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!!!
By MShadle. on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've never owned a BMW before and now that I have (2004 5Series) I understand why they use the slogan "Ultimate Driving Machine"...I am thoroughly impressed with the handling, the pickup and the overall driving...I look forward to driving every day!!!

Not as Great As Expected
By chgomo on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

While I love the styling of the new design and it's overall road handling prowess, the performance of the 525i is less than expected. Not much guts in the low end of each gear, but once it ramps up it's fine. I can only imagine how poorly it must perform with an automatic transmission; good enough for little old ladies on a Sunday afternoon, I suppose. Cup holders are of very poor quality and the i-drive system had to be replaced in the first 3 months of ownership.

My new Beemer
By Pdiddy on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had this car about 4 months now. I thought i would driving it on occasion while using my other car as my primary car. Once i sat in the bmw...lets just say the battery died on the old car from lack of use. I think the 525 has enough power, and cant justify spending $5000 on an engine and only 17inch rims. Car handles smoothly. Love driving it. Only minor disappointment was dealing with the fiance dept which gave a low rate, then tried to raise it over 2.5% the day i came to pick it up. Almost decided to leave the car in the lot...glad i didnt though.

Fun to Drive
By Randy N on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my 7 series (also currently have a 528 and a X-5)for the new new 525. It does have considerable more room than old 5's and I really like the new design. I chose the smaller engine because of the $5,000 upcharge and do not really miss the extra horses. I have been getting over 37 mpg on the 2 long road trips to date (much higher than expected)and around 23 around town. The bottom line is it is very comfortable, has great lines and is fun to drive.

bmw top notch
By Dr.. Frank on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

My previous car was a Acura its so much diffrance.BMW terrific car,top of the line sedan. So far, I like everything about it. The I-drive is fine I do not see any problems. It should be a bit cheaper and have more standard features.

Be Your Own Judge
By E60_90024 on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

You must drive this car to appreciate the blend of sporty performance and luxury. The full size appearance belies actual performance characteristics. The handling and performance are nothing short of awesome. iDrive takes a little time to master, but you soon realize that you have ultimate control over systems and have access to information that in any other car, you'd have to rely on the dealer service department for. The ability to create custom settings for the steeing wheel control buttons is a great feature. And Bangle bashing aside - The styling is both sporty and elegant, and unlike anything in it's class.

Lovin' It
By Johnny JK on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I really love this call, except for the fact that lately, some iDrive features are acting a little funky (need to take it into the dealership)

What a Hassle!
By SLVRG35Coupe on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Beautiful car, but has caused me nothing except problems! One day the engine wouldn't start and when it finally did the engine would rev and the Service Engine Soon light would be on. Also, the Passenger Airbag Off is always lit. To top off the trouble, today the car completely broke down! Less than 3 months old, and it is dead. Engine wouldn't start, emergency lights wouldn't work, dead! Unbelievable, nobody can believe it, this is a BMW we're talking about! I have no clue what is going to happen, but I am being dead serious. I hope and am pretty sure that this doesn't and won't happen to anyone else, but there's always a chance, so beware buyers!