Used 2004 BMW 5 Series 525i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Best car I've ever owned
By dtpi

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded up from a Merz C-Class to the 525. Both cars are great cars but I needed a little more room. The 525 offers that and more.

Awesome handling and braking. I was no farther than driving it home from the dealer when I suddenly had to emergency brake in Southern Calif traffic. The car stopped on a dime flawlessly. Awesome car.

I cannot imagine.

Now It's O.K.
By Stu from Scottsdale

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I was the first to get my 5 series in Scottsdale, AZ. I should have waited while BMW got the minor bugs out. A "run-flat" tire was bad and until it was discovered the car was vibrating so much while driving that the passengers thought the car was equipped with "vibrating" seats. Originally the dealer said that's the way the sports series drives. The service manager was NOT very accomodating and I had to complain loud and often.Then the radio- C/D player repeatedly would not play, all that you could hear was static. BMW after 5 tries finally fiqured out it was caused by the "phone module". The drivers cup holder also broke after the first use. Now I love it.

All the new technological driving features. It handles beautifully.

Make the I-driive a little easier to use, improve the cup holder, more interior storage space. Some BMW dealers must get their act together, in my case it was really just the service manager who needed training in customer service and people management. He remains simply rude.

fun to drive
By lemont

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

bmw did and outstanding job on the new 04 5 series. the new look is sharp and the interior is even better. the new body style is a head turner and i get so many raves about how good this car looks. i've only seen two more new 5 series on the street,but once the word gets out am sure i'll be seeing alot more of them.

the features are end list, first off you have to start with the run flat tires and the motion sensors in the car when its armed. there is the xenon headlights that turn when you turn the steering wheel. also you have thigh supports that you can move to find that just right sitting postion.

i think that bmw hit the jackpot with these new car and they really cant improve anything with the car when its nearly perfect. just continue on being ahead of the game and to keep striving on setting standards for other car companies to see how its suppose to be done

A must
By Judah

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

It has been a fun experience. I love gadgets and the latest trends in technology, it has it all. It has been a blessing.

i-drive

room for cd's

Love it
By Wasabi

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome. Thats all I can say. This car is the most fun car I have ever drivwen and I have driven a few. I would recommend this highly to anybody looking. The only drawback was I went with the 525 for my wife and I would have rather gotten the 530 for the extra power. Other then that no complaints at all. We got premium and Sports package and the car handles like a dream

Sports package and headlights. Again it handles awesome and I do like the I- Drive system. Its very convenient when you learn to use it.

Only improvement would be a bigger engine and that was my mistake because it was available I just didnt get it because I felt it might be to much for my wife. Little did I know how well the car would perform. If I would have known that then I would have gotten bigger engine