Used 2004 BMW 5 Series 525i Sedan Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

This is not what you want to buy
By Ray Vega

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I don't know what's going on with this cars. The noise inside my car is never ending. We brought it to the dealer several times to replace the seals on the four doors. Acceleration is very, very, extremely poor in the 525i. You can not pass a car in the city and mine is standard transm. My a/c always smells so bad that I always prefer driving with my windows down... for the price you pay? No way! This is a 40K car! I drive very poor.

Sirius radio, cornering, front HID lights.

Door seals (please) acceleration! iDrive!

Looks can be decieving
By Melina

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car in Germany and couldn't wait to get it back to the states. The same week it arrived I had to turn it into the dealership because, the monitor said I was out of oil. They fixed that problem. A couple of months past and one night the car went crazy. Windshield wipers wouldn't turn off, headlights, radio, interior lights were all flashing. BMW claimed to fix the problem. 2 weeks later I was at the dealership again for another "software" issue. My vehicle had been in the shop 7 times and was less than a year old. I was really disappointed with the way BMW Corporate handled the situation. I could have purchased a Neon and had less problems. I won't be purchasing another BMW.

Appearance is the only thing going for this vehicle. Being that me and the dealership seem to have joint custody of the car, when it's not with them it drives/rides fine. As soon as my two weeks are up it's back to daddy dealership for more "software" work.

Fix the so called "software" issue. Maybe, BMW should work out all the bugs before placing their products on the market.

Awesome car - - delighted with it
By Abbas

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW but certainly not last. Excellent car with superb looks inside and out. Very fun to drive and extremley reliable. Buy the extended service - - well worth the money.

Body style (much better than the previous), reliability, comfort, ride, etc. Love the EASY TO USE iDrive and don't understand why some don't like it! Outstanding brakes.

Make rear look more like a BMW than Toyota! Find a solution for the brake powders.

I Love This Car
By Ed

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is fun to drive and it makes me smile when I drive it. The dealer was the best I've dealt with, their service department does what it promises. I highly recommend this car and dealer.

Automatic rain sensing windshield wipers.

I love this car as is, I have no suggestions for improvements.

I GOT THE RIGHT ONE, BABY!!!
By Bimmamma

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for a little while now and I really like the quickness of it (mind you, I said quickness, not fastness). The handling is unbeatable!!! Doesn't seem to hug the curves like my '92 525i does but it still knows it's a Bimmer and it comes in at a close second!!!!

My favorite feature is the lights!! I love the pathway driving!! I like how it's sporty and lux!! The iDrive is neat too. It keeps the busy hands of passengers away from your stuff. They can't figure it out and that's too danggone cool!!! We've got one up on 'em, Bimmer drivers!!!!!! (~_~)

Do something about the brake dust! Put the pretty reflectors back on! Also, put the power back where it belongs! C'mon, these are Bimmers!! Why are there other less expensive cars with more horsepower than what we have?? 184hp? Please!! THIS CERTAINLY NEEDS TO BE CHANGED WITHOUT A PRICE INCREASE!