2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Now It's O.K.
By Stu from Scottsdale on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I was the first to get my 5 series in Scottsdale, AZ. I should have waited while BMW got the minor bugs out. A "run-flat" tire was bad and until it was discovered the car was vibrating so much while driving that the passengers thought the car was equipped with "vibrating" seats. Originally the dealer said that's the way the sports series drives. The service manager was NOT very accomodating and I had to complain loud and often.Then the radio- C/D player repeatedly would not play, all that you could hear was static. BMW after 5 tries finally fiqured out it was caused by the "phone module". The drivers cup holder also broke after the first use. Now I love it.

fun to drive
By lemont on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

bmw did and outstanding job on the new 04 5 series. the new look is sharp and the interior is even better. the new body style is a head turner and i get so many raves about how good this car looks. i've only seen two more new 5 series on the street,but once the word gets out am sure i'll be seeing alot more of them.

A must
By Judah on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

It has been a fun experience. I love gadgets and the latest trends in technology, it has it all. It has been a blessing.

Love it
By Wasabi on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome. Thats all I can say. This car is the most fun car I have ever drivwen and I have driven a few. I would recommend this highly to anybody looking. The only drawback was I went with the 525 for my wife and I would have rather gotten the 530 for the extra power. Other then that no complaints at all. We got premium and Sports package and the car handles like a dream

525i
By alex zaydel on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Exterior is good, nice body lines. Interior is less fun for driver, but comfortable for passangers. Design of front panel could be much better,that includes I-drive screen portion.Too many conflicting shapes, looks very heavy.Performance is very good, the car is fast and solid. Turning radius could be less but it's O.K.

SUPER VEHCILE
By T Griffis on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a really fun vehicle to drive. It has power and luxery. The interior and exterior is awsom.

Commuting is fun now!!!!
By PrimaDawna on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love my new 525i. I was in the market for a E300 and I said, what the hell, let's stop at BMW..fully prepared to hate them. My car drives like a dream. It handles like it's on rails and I have the confidence of knowing my car will do what I want. I now look forward to my 50 minute commute to work through the crowded So. California freeways. If I had known I enjoyed driving so much, I would have spent the extra $$ for the bigger engine.

BEST DRIVE EVER
By tajz on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car to drive. Fast and fun. Easy to handle. The i control isn't too hard to learn, but you should really have a teenager there to help. I do find that sometimes settings are changed and I have no clue how I changed them or how to change them back. It will require you to look in the owners manual to fix it. BMW has contacted me several times as well as the auto dealership that sold it to me to inquire how I like the car. I feel like I am being treated very well by BMW. I love this car.

First 5 Series
By Seth Cooley on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

We ordered our 5 series from the factory in Munich and had it deliverd to the US in June. This is our first sport luxury sedan and are very pleased with the ride, handling, and appearance. The comfort of the interior is outstanding and allows for 6-8 hour drives with no discomfort. Sound system is great. We use the owners manual to figure out the iDrive and have most of our settings finally completed. Will return to this web site in a year to update our experience.

so far, so good
By citizeningermany on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I'm an american living in germany, and I've been able to drive some very sporty cars. I settled on the 525i since the real performance beasts just weren't worth the extra money for me. If you like comfort, get the comfort seat option, heavenly. Really enjoy the sport package, although $800 for the xenon lights is high. I love the solid, responsive handling on the tight, twisty roads of bavaria, and it really unwinds on the autobahn. Still does very well on gas mileage (and over here, it REALLY counts). I'm gonna hate to bring it back to the states!