2004 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Luxury!
By hand77 on 12/14/12 03:51 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first of many BMW's that I will own! This car's interior is amazing for a 2004! Heated everything, power everything! The iDrive wasn't too hard to figure out after a few weeks of owning. It doesn't save my presets to my radio, but that's fine I use my phone. There is no performance to this car, it is VERY slow, but the luxury makes up for it.

Not the best of best
By wmc on 07/01/08 11:13 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased the 525i to replace a Q45t Infiniti. It is a different world. The BMW is much more sporty than the old pillow barge but it is not as comfortable on long road trips (we drive it to Seattle almost every year, ~ 3000 miles RT). I find the drivers seat small and cramped, although my wife likes it fine. Handling is good and the ride is adequate. The 4 year $0 maintenance is good and it was needed. A lot of small problems including a bad window motor, broken cup holders, dashboard computer replaced.

Well, well, well
By Bimmamma on 02/06/08 03:40 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for three years now. Although, I really dig this car, I must say it really doesn't handle well in the snow. I've gotten stuck plenty in the snow over the last three years. BMW needs to do something about better winter performance or I will be forced to purchase other vehicles and leave Bimmers alone completely. I can't believe I said that but my safety and well-being come first. My neighbor has a Chevy Cobalt and it gets around better in the snow than my Bimmer EVER could. BMW better think of customer safety if they want my continued business!

This is not what you want to buy
By Ray Vega on 12/08/06 22:30 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I don't know what's going on with this cars. The noise inside my car is never ending. We brought it to the dealer several times to replace the seals on the four doors. Acceleration is very, very, extremely poor in the 525i. You can not pass a car in the city and mine is standard transm. My a/c always smells so bad that I always prefer driving with my windows down... for the price you pay? No way! This is a 40K car! I drive very poor.

Looks can be decieving
By Melina on 04/25/06 04:54 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car in Germany and couldn't wait to get it back to the states. The same week it arrived I had to turn it into the dealership because, the monitor said I was out of oil. They fixed that problem. A couple of months past and one night the car went crazy. Windshield wipers wouldn't turn off, headlights, radio, interior lights were all flashing. BMW claimed to fix the problem. 2 weeks later I was at the dealership again for another "software" issue. My vehicle had been in the shop 7 times and was less than a year old. I was really disappointed with the way BMW Corporate handled the situation. I could have purchased a Neon and had less problems. I won't be purchasing another BMW.

Awesome car - - delighted with it
By Abbas on 11/12/05 17:55 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW but certainly not last. Excellent car with superb looks inside and out. Very fun to drive and extremley reliable. Buy the extended service - - well worth the money.

I Love This Car
By Ed on 08/15/05 21:54 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is fun to drive and it makes me smile when I drive it. The dealer was the best I've dealt with, their service department does what it promises. I highly recommend this car and dealer.

I GOT THE RIGHT ONE, BABY!!!
By Bimmamma on 07/18/05 06:40 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for a little while now and I really like the quickness of it (mind you, I said quickness, not fastness). The handling is unbeatable!!! Doesn't seem to hug the curves like my '92 525i does but it still knows it's a Bimmer and it comes in at a close second!!!!

Lemon
By A.Ortiz on 06/20/05 02:19 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The look of the car is attractive.The looks are not worth the troubles and headaches of the vehicle. It has too many electrical problems.The windows roll down automatically while the ignition is turned off. The car also beeps like it's going to flat line when the car is in motion. The dealers do not know how to fix these problems. They reset the computer for the beeping sound and put a new motor in the doors for the windows and the same problems still occur. I have taken the vehicle to the dealer for service and repairs 7 times and I just scheduled an appointment for an 8th time in 2 weeks.

Best car I've ever owned
By dtpi on 11/28/04 10:18 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded up from a Merz C-Class to the 525. Both cars are great cars but I needed a little more room. The 525 offers that and more.