Used 2003 BMW 5 Series 525i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Wonderful at its best
By roy

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car changes driving from a chore to a pleasure even ruffle your composure. the sound system is great, the insulation keeps out road noise, the seat is comfortable, and the luxury inlay is beautiful. The moonroof is fun, and the remote control key system makes you feel like a spoiled rich man. Unfortunately it has been to the dealer for repairs 10 times in under 2 years, and some of the problems, like water leaking through the back door are serious. After initially being totally in love with this car, I have begun to wonder if I would be foolish ever to buy another one.

Brakes, crash safety, front visibility, comfort, beauty, highway cruising smooth and effortless even at high speeds.

A $40,000 car should not leak persistently, nor have sudden battery failure. It has poor rear visibility due to head rests, and of course everyone who owns one knows bmw owners are expected to smoke in their cars but not to drink coffee.

Best Performance Sedan
By Antonio Valla

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Love this car. I had numerous VW's (GTI, 2 Passats, New Beetle), and a BMW 325i Touring, but always lusted after the "5". When I realized the 2004 was going to get the Chris Bangle treatment, I went out and bought one of the last 2003 available.

Precise, fast, manual. Tight handling. Firm, but comfortable suspension.

Sport seat not very comfortable. A long-haul GT like this deserves better.

The best car I ever have
By dlee9612

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the first German car I own. I totally like its performance and handling. Unlike any Japanese and American cars I had before, the BMW 5 is so fun to drive. It feels solid, comfortable, and excellent build quality. It is worth the money I paid.

Handling, performance

Need a better cup holder

BMW Quality
By Roc

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Car corners great. It is the most impressive feature then comes ride and handling.

This is a solid car. Built with great precision and quailty fit.

Cupholders, Armrest console storage, Eyeglass Holder over mirror and a trunk that can handle several golf bags without hassle to make them fit.

THE ULTIMATE MACHINE
By AMILCAR

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

MY FIRST BMW WAS A Z3 FELL IN LOVE WITH THE WAY IT HANLED ON THE ROAD... NOW I HAVE THE 525i WITH ALL THE OPTIONS, OF COURSE THE SPORTS PACKAGE...THE INSIDE IS MUCH BETTER LOOKING THAN THE NEW 2004 AND THE OUTSIDE LINES ARE ALSO BETTER....THIS CAR WILL BE A GREAT CAR TO KEEP FOR YEARS TO COME AND IT WILL ALWAYS TURN HEADS ON THE ROAD..... I'M JUST GLAD I HAVE THE 2003! VS. 2004

THE WAY IT'S ALWAYS HUGGING THE ROAD....

SHOULD HAVE A BETTER HARM REST