Used 2003 BMW 5 Series 530i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Bmw 5-series - Consumer Reviews

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

BMW 530i - You gotta drive one!
By diggertoo

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased used in great condition. The suspension system is incredible. The car feels like it's glued to the road and is the smoothest and most comfortable riding car I've ever driven. With a bad disk in my back, the lumbar system can be adjusted to make even longer trips very comfortable. The air vents in the dash provide circulation throughout the car, without hitting anyone directly in the face. And the sound system... if you close your eyes you would swear you were live at a concert. The sound system with 10 speakers and 2 subwoofers is that good and the list of other useful features could go on and on.

Favorite Features

Suspension and handling; stereo system.

I've had my 530i almost a year
By Charles Henke

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My 530i is my second BMW. This automobile is not only stylish but comfortable and fun to drive. It is an excellent road vehicle that gets reasonably good gas mileage. Quality in workmanship throughout the vehicle is exceptional. Some of the dash controls are somewhat confusing, however.

Favorite Features

Rain-sensing wipers, memory seat setting, audio system, large fuel tank.

Suggested Improvements

Relocate cup holders for more efficient use as they are practically unusable as designed.

Don't waste your money!
By steve

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle as a certified pre-owned BMW. Let me tell you, at first, I loved it! I liked the feeling of driving a luxury car. Now we'll get to the bad stuff. We drove 1000 miles away from home to visit family. We made it up there just fine. while we were up there, we had to take the "Bimmer" to the shop four times in three days due to a electrical malfunction. After the first two times of the dealership servicing the car, it overheated because one of the hoses had a hole in it! i expected better from BMW's certification process!

Favorite Features

The luxurious interior, powerful 530i engine.

Suggested Improvements

Better front cup holders, and add rear cup holders as well. Redesign the whole certification process.

Buy one if you can...
By ERA

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Well-rounded car is an understatement. Great torque & power, smooth inline 6, best exterior design BMW ever made, handles really well for a large car. Only regret is not buying a new one because I know I would have babied the car a lot better.

Favorite Features

LOVE exterior styling headlights, tailights, & wheels (sport package). Love leather bucket seats that hold you when your cornering. I love the stereo (premium package) & trip computer. The engine is so smooth you would never know you were at 4,000 RPM needing to shift gears.

Suggested Improvements

I can't stand the damn squeaks the doors have had since I bought it. Warranty pretty much took care of it. However, I hear slight creaks from the dashboard and from the ceiling. Could use a few more horses at the upper band.

Great family car
By Andreas

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 530 has great cabin space and lots of rear seat room for the rest of the family. It also has great deep trunk space for the stroller. Although other makes have large cu. ft. trunk space, they are not very deep making it difficult to load stuff in the trunk without smashing the stroller. It is a great car with superb handling and comfort. It does not have the same acceleration as some of the other cars, but it offers excellent high speed kick-down and overtaking capabilities... especially with the steptronic.

Favorite Features

Brakes, steptronic transmission, trunk space, maneuverability at high speeds.

Suggested Improvements

More storage in center console. Add quality built cupholders in rear.