2003 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Skip the Sport Seats
By Billil on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great car with terrible Sport Seats. They are very, very hard and impossible to get comfortable in. You also loose the heated stering wheel with the sport package.

Best Sport Luxury Perfomance Sedan
By K-Kar on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second 5 series I've purchased in 5 years. I really think the technology in the 2003 has hit the mark.

The 5 sets the standard!
By bmwmrc on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the handling, fit and finish, and yes even the power of the vehicle, even though it's missing a little bit of horse power. The car however, is a dream to drive. I compared it to others in it class including Lexus, Acura and Saab and nothing drives or feels like the ultimate driving machine!

Great Performer
By Gary W on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have never owned a German Car before. I am amazed of the performance of this car. It is solid and feels very heavy and safe on the road. I currently have a lexus as a second vehicle and this BMW totally out performs it. I recommend it to everyone. I will be looking to get another BMW when The Lexus lease is up. Can't wait.

This Car is Wonderful!
By Califlygirl on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car makes me smile every time I slip into it and take it for a ride! It is smooth, extremely well-built, lovely to look at and is recommended highly.

Great car to drive...
By jcc on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was going to buy the 325i, but changed my mind with a week before I actually bought the 525i. With the new design coming out next month, this car is by far the best value out there if you are looking to buy a BMW right now. Great car to drive for years. Test drive one and turn a few corners, you'll understand why.

My first BMW
By magic32 on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My first BMW . . . now I know why they call it the ultimate driving machine!

bmw 5 series
By jtbaer5 on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have driven BMWs since 1985 and this i sby far the best (technology probably is the reason). Handling for a sport sedan remains the best I can imagine. Low end power has always been less then stellar, but I accept that for the high end and sport/comfort/durability/reliability.

A Man's Car
By psorota on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I drove so many luxury cars before my husband talked me into trying the BMW 525i that I just assumed that this car would have all the creature comforts that my former Lexus and others had. NOT! No place for CD storage, no place for purse, no lumbar support, seat belts practically strangle me, hard to get in and out of (too low, I guess), small trunk, no A/C vents in back seat. Altho I love the Septronic transmission, I am not comfortable in this car and have concluded it is a "man's car" (my husband loves to drive it). I doubt I'd buy another BMW for these reasons.

THE BEST SEDAN
By griggsbarn on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 4th BMW and my second 5- series. Although it is underpowered for me,it is a good family car. My 330cic was the keeper.