2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Best combination of Luxury/Sport
By scbsee88 on 03/21/06 13:00 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

From the solid doors, plush leather and the Automatic Climate controls, the BMW takes car engineering to the next level. If you haven't driven a 5-series, I suggest you do and then you'll realize why all of the BMW cliches are right-on: Ultimate Driving Machine..."feel one with the road"..., etc. Don't believe the conventional wisdom that Lexus is more luxurious and BMW is more of a driver's car. My 530ia has got enough bells and whistles (sunroof, power seats, Automatic climate controls, stereo) to keep me more than satisfied. As a telecommuter, I have to come up with excuses to drive it out of my garage. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a 2003 while they come back from leases!

An awesome car.
By fuzeboxny on 12/31/05 16:37 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have loved driving this car since May of 03. The feel of the BMW on the road is unmatched in this class. I'm sadly turning this baby in, but, for a new '06 530xi.

Not My Last Beemer
By macjanum on 11/24/04 20:52 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is absolutely the best all-around automobile I have ever owned or leased, including Mercedes. Superb reliability, comfort, handling, performance, safety. All I have added was an Alpine CD-changer and all- weather rubber floor mats. Forget the cup holders and drive! The 530iA has met or exceeded all of my expectations and disposal value remains high. This was my first BMW - I don't think it will be my last.

530I Comments
By Big Dawg on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is an incredible vehicle. Highly recommend it! Only critique is the flimsy cupholders. Best vehicle I've ever had.

Love My Beamer 530i
By C Juhl on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Drove this car out of the dealers and have never gone back except for nomal upkeep/manitenance and that has been only once since I got it. I simply have no complaints. I've owned more than twenty cars and have never had a better one than this 530i. My dealer told me the in line 3.0 liter engine was made for car. After nearly 18 months of driving it, I believe it. Driving machine is really on target for this car.

No Real Complaints
By 4 Time Owner on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the third 5 Series I've owned, and they keep on getting better. The extra low end torque compared to the previous 528 version is noticable. It still handles like no other mid-size sedan, and I've test driven all of them. If you enjoy precise road feel, steering, braking and cornering, this is the car to own.

Great Car
By Anthony H Jessen Jr on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Was able to get in on the factory incentives at the last minute and find the model I wanted. This car is esentially eveything I wanted in a sprots sedan.

Excellent Car, buy it, but negotiate
By tommyj on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has all the performance: steering, handling, braking, acceleration that I expect from a BMW. It's my second BMW, but this is the first 5. I'm a stick shift driver so I'm surprised that I like driving an automatic. The 530i has enough power to overcome the automatic.

Wonderful Ride
By islander on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a joy to drive - excellent handling and driving environment. The solid build quality gives you a feeling of safety as well. Perfect mix of fun to drive and comfort.

rafic 5 serious
By rafic on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

i love this car i lovee the handling the performance confort every thing i like the new 5 serious way better then my causins 2003 lexus es 330