2003 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Wonderful at its best
By roy on 06/13/05 16:53 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car changes driving from a chore to a pleasure even ruffle your composure. the sound system is great, the insulation keeps out road noise, the seat is comfortable, and the luxury inlay is beautiful. The moonroof is fun, and the remote control key system makes you feel like a spoiled rich man. Unfortunately it has been to the dealer for repairs 10 times in under 2 years, and some of the problems, like water leaking through the back door are serious. After initially being totally in love with this car, I have begun to wonder if I would be foolish ever to buy another one.

Best Performance Sedan
By Antonio Valla on 01/11/05 23:57 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Love this car. I had numerous VW's (GTI, 2 Passats, New Beetle), and a BMW 325i Touring, but always lusted after the "5". When I realized the 2004 was going to get the Chris Bangle treatment, I went out and bought one of the last 2003 available.

The best car I ever have
By dlee9612 on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the first German car I own. I totally like its performance and handling. Unlike any Japanese and American cars I had before, the BMW 5 is so fun to drive. It feels solid, comfortable, and excellent build quality. It is worth the money I paid.

BMW Quality
By Roc on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Car corners great. It is the most impressive feature then comes ride and handling.

THE ULTIMATE MACHINE
By AMILCAR on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

MY FIRST BMW WAS A Z3 FELL IN LOVE WITH THE WAY IT HANLED ON THE ROAD... NOW I HAVE THE 525i WITH ALL THE OPTIONS, OF COURSE THE SPORTS PACKAGE...THE INSIDE IS MUCH BETTER LOOKING THAN THE NEW 2004 AND THE OUTSIDE LINES ARE ALSO BETTER....THIS CAR WILL BE A GREAT CAR TO KEEP FOR YEARS TO COME AND IT WILL ALWAYS TURN HEADS ON THE ROAD..... I'M JUST GLAD I HAVE THE 2003! VS. 2004

An Awesome car beats the 2004 model 5
By charlieF on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is nothing short of amazing, the ride makes you literally feel like you floating in a leer jet. The build quality doesn't get any better than this, I mean there is hardly any plastic used in this car whats so ever it's all high quality vinyl. The leather is so buttery soft makes me never want to exit the car. I had previously owned a Mercedes before this, this 5 Series compared to the Mercedes is like night and day. Mercedes needs to learn what quality and reliability is then they will have more customers, like BMW..

1St BMW? Skip the power
By enjoymibimmer on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW. I was intent on the 530 but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. The dealer gave me a 525 Sport for 3 days. SOLD. Still after 6 months, I'm impressed with the giddup-and -go! My next BMW (2006) will be a 530 and I'm sure I'll have a renewed excitement but this 2.5 is more than fine. Caution: you will have to learn to drive all over again. Super tight handling can throw you a loop when avoiding road debris, etc. Don't worry about the cupholders. I now only allow bottled water in my car. They're low and a bit flimsey but available on eBay cheap. 6 mos. no problems and no messes; front or back.

5 Series Excellence
By Oscar Laud on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The 5 Series 2003 model is the apex of design and build excellence. The six cylinder (an engine BMW has perfected) is smooth, quick and dependable. The sport package (with rims and M steering wheel) is well worth the price. Buying this vehicle in 2003, before the new controversial style, was the smartest auto purchase I've ever made. The 2004 has considerable shoes to fill. Keep in mind that this version of the 5 series scored the highest rating ever in Consumer Reports. Ever.

Best car I have ever owned.
By Go 49ers! on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the only 4 door sedan to own. Look no further as I have test driven the competition. Save your $$ and opt for the 2.5 engine as it is as quick as you ever need to drive after 40 miles per hour (not a jack rabbit start, but who needs one). Luxury abounds with interior appointments. Handling is a dream. With the sport package, this is the best looking car on the road in it's class.

THE BEST 5 SERIES
By CMB on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Dear consumers, All i can say is that the BMW 5 series IS the untimate driving machine...I have driven it from San Francisco to Mexico and have never had a bad experience....the comfort zone is amazing..The seat adjustments alone are worth the price...Take it for a test drive and find out for yourself...you will not be disappointed.