2003 540i - Ultimate Driving Machine!!!
By J.J. on
2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)
If you're like me, and don't like what BMW has done to the interior of the new 5 series than you'll love the 540i. It's still a "driver's" car with the interior cantered to the one behind the wheel. Having just purchased a pre-owned with relatively low miles this car is going to be a collector's car someday. It's the last of a BMW classic. The thick steering wheel in the M sports package add to the 540i's overall handeling and driving sensation. The engine is more than enough and commands repect even amongst it's peers. Fun, superb road handling, saftey and style define everything that has built BMW to what it is today. If you're not into the new look and confusing iDrive, the 540i is it!
Favorite Features
Thick steering wheel, V-8 engine, smooth engine & transmission, solid handling and driving is simply fun. Cantered driver's cockpit and the M sports package. This car has it all and will become a classic in time.
Suggested Improvements
Cupholders. Even aftermarket cupholders are flimsy. It's actually helped to keep my interior looking cleaner though as I tend not to eat or drink in my car as much. Hey we still have to look at the bright side.