2003 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Everything I wanted it to be...
By Pej on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I test drove this car back in April and fell in love... Unfortunately I couldn't stomach the $65k price tag. On the test drive I was having so much fun, the salesman had to remind me that I was doing 120 MPH!!! The car was so smooth and glued to the road it was as if I was drive 40... The recent reduction in price brought the price of the 540i down into my price range, so I couldn't resist. I am very happy with my purchase of my first BMW.

My 9th Bimmer with no surprises
By Bimman on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Picked up my 6 speed Black on Black in April 2003, with no surprises. I've got 5,000 road miles already. This car is truly a great performer. I've had BMWs from 1983 to now and the improvements in performance has come a long way. This by far is the best E39 I've had. The more mileage this car gets, the better it runs.

The best driving machine around
By moreno on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Had dreamt about owning it for a long time. Finally my day came and after 2.5 years, I still have the same excitement feeling about owning. I look at it in awe. Athletic, safe, roomy, and humble at the same time. If you buy one, I suggest the European delivery program so you can see how this machine performs cruising at 150 MPH in the autobahn. Very tight, and and hear the engine purr at that speed!

My 6speed dream come true!
By flyguy102 on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Took delivery on this black on black 6 speed 540i 2 weeks ago. First test...700 miles to Scottsdale and back. In a word...IT BLEW ME AWAY! The powertrain is an art form! Low end torque incredible. The cars build quality is so strong that you become oblivious to speed. Ride and handling impeccable. Interior build/sound quality is excellent. Fit, and finish wonderful. I'm so glad that I didn't drop $65K on a Lexus convertable instead. This was my first BMRr and now I'm a convert for life. Next stop...a companion M3 convertable for my 6 mile RT commute to work!

Love it
By Jaykayd on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Fast, powerful and so much fun to drive... just wish the clutch didn't go so quickly... also had a transmission problem that required a switch. Other than those problems, and a niggling window rattling problem, it's a dream car.

THE BEST BMW EVER
By Louis Sanchez on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The Best BMW ever. I have had 4 BMW's and my new 540 has to be the best car ever. Its fast, handles well, and it Performance like a true champion should. the BMW 540 6M has some sexy lines and has more to offer.

Pretty fenomenal
By EnthusiastDriver on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the second 540i 6spd I own, replacing a '98. Performance, reliability, workmanship are incredible. I did Euro delivery for both cars, and it added to the experience. Overall, the price/performance ratio is incredible. Best car I ever owned.

The best car I've ever own
By Charlie IL on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

My BMW 540I 6 Speed is my fourth BMW. I have own 2 Mercedes Benz 3 other BMW's but the BMW 540I has to be the best car. I love the way it handles cornering, stopping, power, perfornmance over all. The styling of the exterior as well as the interior of the car has to be one if not the most sexiest one. I also like the fact that I feel very safe while driving it, where on other cars I don't get that feeling. The BMW 540I is the best car to drive.

The best
By Dayo on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The best car you can own

Greatest Car Ever!
By Styve on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned many cars, and none could even come close to this car. The 540i is a true drivers car. Speed, handling, comfort - Who could ask for more?! It even has room for the kids (unlike my 328ci). If your in the market for a family rocket, and you do not mind stopping at the gas station every ten minutes, this is the car for you.