2003 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
The Ultimate Test Drive
By Bimmer FIEND on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I test drove this vehcle with my father and I am hooked on it. The ride quality is superb on the suburban roads. Unlike my dad's Buick Park Avenue, this car absorbs bumps and immediately recovers whereas our Buick bounces for a while after. Pulling onto the freeway my dad (I do not yet have a license) just tapped the gas and we were off. I probably would've floored it. Even mild acceleration is a rush though. GREAT at cornering. This car cruises very well. BMW is loosing fans fast, however, with there new designssuch as the Z4 and the upcoming new 5. Why mess with such a good thing.

GRRRR, Love the Power
By DCNH on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This will be my 3rd BMW. I have owned the 3 series in the past. I love the power/torg of the 540. Handling is superb for a V8. Extremely comfortable and queit on the 18' wheels. Plenty of room in front / rear. Xlnt highway car. Going 80 mph feels like 30.

Best New car I've ever purchased
By Larry oliver on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The car was flawless from day one. There were no factory defects to address!!! The 525i has plenty of power. I couldn't justify spending another $3,100 for the 530i. The only other option I would have gotten is an automatic diming rearview mirror. My previous vehicle was a 95 Ford Windstar, no comparison!

Very Impressed
By Michael Simone on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is an absolutely perfect car. Black on black 530 with sport package and premium package. It turns heads, it's fast, comfortable and the interior is perfectly designed.

Love it
By Jaykayd on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Fast, powerful and so much fun to drive... just wish the clutch didn't go so quickly... also had a transmission problem that required a switch. Other than those problems, and a niggling window rattling problem, it's a dream car.

The Best
By WJB on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It may be the final generation of cars that really looks like a BMW. Drives and handles beautifully. 530 probably a better choice for extra power, but the 525 really doesn't feel anemic on the highway. Gorgeous interior, high grade materials, quiet and comfortable. I'm sure the future generations of BMW will be impressive, butI'm glad I grabbed one of the last of this breed.

Car
By peacemaker353 on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

THE CAR IS GREAT! IT IS ONE OF THE BEST CARS THAT I HAVE DRIVEN IN MY LIFE!

The pleasure of owning a BMW530i (2003)
By J. Fabel on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Handles as you would dream about. Fuel milage has been 39mpg crusing on Freeways. So many amenities that I am still refering to the owners manuel to use them to the fullest. The ride is excellent as is the response when needed. I'm a BMW530i fan for life. Unless BMW brings out something better in the future.

A stunning performance
By Harry7558 on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I got more than what I had bargained for-the power and torq with the steptronic is just amazing, has nimble handling and a true sport feel. Interior/exterior workmanship/design is excellent, although the cup holders and stereo could use redesigning. Love the navigation; I'm surprised at how accurate it is. All in all - I would highly recommend this car for family (excellent safety features) or fun/leisure. I would also highly recommend Ulysses at East Bay BMW in Pleasanton, CA. They were all just Excellent! p.s:use the speed limit sensor (included with the onboard computer) you never know when you'll hit 100!! :-)

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By New Lease on Life on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Loved my 2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor (recently turned in at lease end). However, this BMW puts it to shame. Comments ranged from "yeah, they're nice but so overpriced (actually well priced!)" to "you're stepping down to a BMW?". After the first month, I'm still high (no, it's not just the new car scent!). Solid and yet extremely comfortable ride, reeeeeeealy quiet, excellent braking, awesome sound system (steering wheel controls big +), leather seats like living room furniture, controls logical & easy to use, xlnt a/c system, rain sensing windshield wipers much more of a plus than anticipated. By far the best of all 10 of my previous vehicles!