2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
My 6speed dream come true!
By flyguy102 on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Took delivery on this black on black 6 speed 540i 2 weeks ago. First test...700 miles to Scottsdale and back. In a word...IT BLEW ME AWAY! The powertrain is an art form! Low end torque incredible. The cars build quality is so strong that you become oblivious to speed. Ride and handling impeccable. Interior build/sound quality is excellent. Fit, and finish wonderful. I'm so glad that I didn't drop $65K on a Lexus convertable instead. This was my first BMRr and now I'm a convert for life. Next stop...a companion M3 convertable for my 6 mile RT commute to work!

POWER...
By makisig on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd BMW (former was a 330ci). Bought a brand new 540i this past weekend, and the increase in power and speed is just well beyond my expectation. The amazing thing is that this 540i cruises at 80 mph with the rpm hovering around 2500. When it accelerates, it does nimbly and with such power and control. I am in my mid 30's, and I think this car is just perfect for that age group. The 540 version asks for a lot of $$$, but I think it's worth it if you can afford it. A nice compromise for people who want power but not the price and power in an M version.

Simply The Best
By beemer lover on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The best handling, most fun car to drive, period! stick, sports, premium, xenon, cold weather. Purrfect! Goes where you point it. Great performance and gas mileage. Had big ass muscle cars with more ponies but nothing beats this TOTAL package. I look forward to driving to work. This is my second 5 series and before buying my first, I said "overpriced, not worth it, not reliable..." To all the naysayers, go out and drive one!

4 door Porsche
By donelonpc on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I got the 540i with the Sports package. Massive 18" rims are incredible. The car has an amazing ride over rough serfaces, yet feels like a stiff sports suspension when needed. It handles on a dime. This machine plain out halls a**. 0-60 in 6 seconds. You have to use the cruise control or get in trouble. I drove a new Boxster, and really believe this car out accelerates and handles the 2 seater.

2002 BMW 525i
By DianeRD on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We love our BMW 525i! It's fun to drive, feels very solid, and looks like a million bucks. Several young MPs have commented when I stop for ID check at West Point, "Nice car, ma'am." Now that's nice for a 60-year- old to hear!

GRRRR, Love the Power
By DCNH on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This will be my 3rd BMW. I have owned the 3 series in the past. I love the power/torg of the 540. Handling is superb for a V8. Extremely comfortable and queit on the 18' wheels. Plenty of room in front / rear. Xlnt highway car. Going 80 mph feels like 30.

Best New car I've ever purchased
By Larry oliver on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The car was flawless from day one. There were no factory defects to address!!! The 525i has plenty of power. I couldn't justify spending another $3,100 for the 530i. The only other option I would have gotten is an automatic diming rearview mirror. My previous vehicle was a 95 Ford Windstar, no comparison!

The Ultimate Test Drive
By Bimmer FIEND on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I test drove this vehcle with my father and I am hooked on it. The ride quality is superb on the suburban roads. Unlike my dad's Buick Park Avenue, this car absorbs bumps and immediately recovers whereas our Buick bounces for a while after. Pulling onto the freeway my dad (I do not yet have a license) just tapped the gas and we were off. I probably would've floored it. Even mild acceleration is a rush though. GREAT at cornering. This car cruises very well. BMW is loosing fans fast, however, with there new designssuch as the Z4 and the upcoming new 5. Why mess with such a good thing.

Very Impressed
By Michael Simone on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is an absolutely perfect car. Black on black 530 with sport package and premium package. It turns heads, it's fast, comfortable and the interior is perfectly designed.

Love it
By Jaykayd on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Fast, powerful and so much fun to drive... just wish the clutch didn't go so quickly... also had a transmission problem that required a switch. Other than those problems, and a niggling window rattling problem, it's a dream car.