2003 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
This isn't your mothers wagon!
By srw66 on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sport Wagon (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

While it is true the sport suspension gives you precise feedback, I find the handling and roadfeel to be one of the best characteristics of the car. For those who are looking for a true perfomance car with the practicality of a wagon look no further. Put four snow tires on the car and winter is no issue. For those seeking to drive your living room this is not the car for you. The BMW 540ia wagon sets the standard for fit and finish among it's rivals, and passes them in so other many characteristics and qualities. This is a car I can drive for 8 hours continually arriving without an ache.

good but not perfect
By hrp on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sport Wagon (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

The BMW 540i is fun to drive but lacks interior comfort. Why can't they build a car with the comfort of a Lexus or Mercedes on the interior with the good looks of a BMW on the outside. I have owned three Mercedes and ejoyed their interiors and comfort but always thought the drive was not spunky or exciting. The 540i delivers a thrilling ride and wonderful handling, but I miss the comfort. Am I too old for this car?

A True Sport Wagon
By Eric D. Koster on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sport Wagon (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Having traded in my Porsche, I found the 540i wagon with the sport package to be the perfect vehicle for my current needs. It holds my family, as much sailing gear as I reasonably need, cruises comfortably on the highway, handles secondary roads well enough (although the ride is too harsh with the 45 series tires), and, despite BMW's disavowal, hauls a trailer with ease.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By bimmer530i on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sport Wagon (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Ever since I was 14 years old I always wanted a BMW, now Im 16 and owning a great 530i. You can't go wrong with this car; it has performance and great stability in tight corners. BMW's are truly the Ultimate Driving Machine.