2003 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Perfection
By dino on 06/14/10 20:06 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I'm a former racer, but this is my daily driver. A blast yet still "practical" with two kiddos. Have yet to find a better new or used car.

540i
By jamesgallo on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

this car is too much fun to drive. power, handling, brakes are all top shelf. powertrain is amazing as it pulls in any gear at any speed: from idle to redline. gas mileage is reasonable on highway (mid 20s), but abismal if pushed hard (which is hard to do without losing one's license). v8 is a little rougher than the i6 i had, but sounds great.

Best BMW I've Owned
By chb on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned 4 5-series and 1 7-series and my husband had a M6 and a M3 and this is the best BMW yet. My last 5 was a 2000 540i Sport 6 speed also. I could not believe the difference between the new one and the old one. The handing is super, the suspension wonderful. I love to drive it.

best sedan ever owned
By alan cole on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

had em all, this is the best by a wide margin

540i - Sport 6 speed
By pdegel on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great car, fast, fun to drive, silent and strong engine. No complaints at all, but I hate the rear-end styling of the new (2004) design. And it waits to be seen whether the I-drive joystick will be more user friendly than in the 7 series.

a super automobile
By hamilton on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

the 540i 6M i bought just a few months ago is a marvellous car to drive --peppy, quiet, and comfortable. it is also very safe. it is probably the best car i have ever owned.

good
By hardcorerocker97 on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

great car, if ur looking for a sweet nice looking car with a good price tag this car is the one. I would recommend it for anyone, last long too.

perfect beast
By dr193 on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I'm reviewing the 2003 M5

This is the Last Car I hope to Own
By jakedogdog on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd BMW. I had two 328's - a 97 and a 2001. I wanted a little more room this time round. I intended to buy a 530, but this one was sitting on the lot - a program car, $10K off MSRP... I just couldn't resist the opportunity. The car had 6000 miles on it when I took delivery. I thought it had been broken in. Now, at 13000, things are really coming together. This car is balanced, strong, wonderful to drive. The only seats that I am aware of being more comfortable are the old volvo seats. But, still... No volvo drives like this. It settles in right at about 78 and is smooth smooth all the way past 120.

Complete Thrill!!!
By jcmet64 on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

WOW! The car is simply awesome offering comfort, luxury and PERFORMANCE! I had very high expectations and can honestly say, I'm very impressed. This is the last E39 (real BMW style) and argueably the best value/performance BMW's ever built. V8, 6-spd, awesome M5 looks, what else is there!?! No compromise!!!