2002 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Money pit

2002 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

525i Wagon (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Money pit
By happyharps on

2002 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is really fun to drive, when it will drive. It has been a money pit. We have had many electrical problems. We have had the dealership repair it, just to have more electrical problems. The interior design is poor as far as convinience goes (lack of a good drink holder), tiny seats in the back, not a lot of space on passenger side for legs and knees, etc. It has great pick up, the transmission is smooth, you can drive 120 mph and feel like your going 65mph. This car really is fun to drive, but it has so many machanical and electrical problems. Wish I hadn't purchased this car.

Favorite Features

I like the power, and the sleek exterior. I like the smooth transmission, and the versitility of the wagon style.

Suggested Improvements

Electrical problems are non stop! I would prefer front wheel drive, thought I could get away with rear wheel, but front wheel or all wheel would be better. Cup holders are awful, they are weak and flimsy. Rear center seat is tiny, hardly big enough for a kindergartner, and not at all big enough for a boost seat.