New Used 530i
By 3cats on
2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
Sport, Premium, Xenons, Split seat, ColdWeather, Comfort Seats, Manual Tran. Very easy to drive in town, can stay in3rd and accelerate from 1500 rpm. Easy to stay in 3rd or 4th on highway and forget to shift because the engine is so smooth and quiet at high rpm. So an automatic would probably save gas for me! So easy to drive and sport suspension is still OK for comfort. Feel the road with bumps on expansion joints but the suspension absorbs them so you are aware but not punished. Trunk is not so large but squared off so I hope it holds enough for my trip south. Got 28 mgp ontrip of 1200 miles. Get 24 mpg around my small town driving. A lovely, solid car. Comfort seats are OK.
Favorite Features
Smoothness of engine. Power at low RPM. Xenons make night driving easier. Handling and ability to absorb roadbumps without making them disappear. Rain-sensing wipers. Premium audio gives full sound esp. on such a quiet car.
Suggested Improvements
Larger glove box. It's only large enough to hold the BMW leather owner's manual case. Have some console storage under the armrest (space used for rearseat air ducts makes this impossible, I guess).Include a cupholder that clips onto the center dash vents. Mine cost $6, works fine, (looks odd).