2002 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: expensive fun

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

expensive fun
By kirkd1 on

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My expectations of this car have been met. It's fun to drive and is the most comfortable seat in the house. My bad back hurts in just about everything except my sport seats. I hate the noise I now have from the tires that started at about 10k miles and its getting worse. Those low profile tires aren’t all bad though helping turn-in that makes me smile when I need a little rush. I’m disappointed in the “slipping clutch” of the A/T. The upgraded sport steering wheel is mainly plastic and it stares me in the face. The in-cabin entertainment I paid extra for could sound better and have an in-dash changer.

Always ready when you want to play. Solid construction leads to wonderful turn-in and still has a very comfortable ride. My last BMW had no rattles out to 213k miles and I expect the same from this one.

Re-design the dash. No plastic steering wheels. Update the standard and premium stereos. Give us some CD storage space. Add sunshade extensions to the visors. Include adjustable lumbar support in sport seats too. Xenon high beams too. Use black carpet in all color interiors.